Anyone with Fibromyalgia or CFIDS? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone with Fibromyalgia or CFIDS? Anyone with Fibromyalgia or CFIDS?

Unread 09-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Anyone with Fibromyalgia or CFIDS?

I've been lurking, reading posts, and it's really helped me prepare for surgery. Now that I'm post-op I need some advice.

I have Fibro and CFIDS. I'm used to the pain and fatigue that they bring. But the fatigue I'm having now is much worse than any I've ever experienced.

I left the hospital on Thurs, ordered complete bedrest until Monday when I was to get staples out. That Sun. and Monday I felt great...better than I had in YEARS.

Hubby drove me to Dr. office, an hour away, but I did ok. I had staples removed all was good, return in 6 weeks. Hubby and I stopped to have a quick lunch and, stiupd me wanted to stop al walmart for a few groceries. Before you yell...hubby pushed me in wheel chair, I just sat. Needless to say I was exhausted the next few days. I spent most of time in bed, although I did walk to mailbox for my daily exercise.

Unfortunately the fatigue got worse, not better. All I want to do is sleep or lay down. After sitting here a few minutes I am whipped and will sleep a few hrs. I'll get up, wash face, get dressed and it's back to bed. TOTAL exhaustion.

Before the surgery I did have to nap an hour each day, and I expected to be tired. But this is worse than anything I've experienced. I'd call my Dr. but she is skeptical of Fibro to begin with....you understand if you have it. That's why I'm asking you.

How has your recovery been? Will it get better? What else can I/should I do?

Got to go laydown...or fall out of my chair!
achy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2006, 11:07 AM

I have a host of other health problems. Like yourself I have CFS, Fibromyaglia, diabetes, osteoarthritis. My healing and recovery seems a bit slower than most people. I haven't felt very well but still get up and do my walking despite being so tired. My doctor is aware of my extreme tirness and fatigue and tell me to take it easy. I go next week for my 2 week post op exam I HAVE some questions but nothing to big.
My advice is listen to your body. Rest rest rest! I have my naps sometimes 2 to 3 times a day and still sleep at night not a complete 8 hours but put my naps and everything together is equals that and more.
People with other health problems heal and recover to me a bit slower than others with no other health problems..thats just my opinion.
I know you get tired of hearing this but give your body time to heal and get close to back to normal.
Warm tender hugs!
Unread 09-08-2006, 11:23 AM

Hi, I have Fibro pain when I don't get enough good sleep. I used sleep aids for the first couple of weeks, am taking extra vitamins C, E, and B-complex, in addition to my multi, and made sure to spend walking time in the sun each day (10-15 mins twice a day). Just got back from my post-op and other than needing about 10 hours of sleep each day, and still sore around one of my incisions, I'm doing GREAT!!! Please try to get some sunshine and walking in your day. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2006, 12:35 PM

I guess even with Fibro we are all different, and require different amounts of sleep and exercise. I am about 3.5 months post op and still have my moments with extreme fatigue. (Going thru a spell now with it.) I don't know if it is fibro, or my hypothyroid, or that I am still healing. I have times when I am hurting (other than incision area) and I don't know why, especially after I do something good for myself, like go for a good walk. Of course my original county GP did not believe in fibromyalgia. My chiropractor however does! I admit that I have a bit of "cancer-head" going on right now too, and until I get an all clear after my first 3 month check up next month I am going to worry about every ache and pain I am experiencing. But like the other gals say, just listen to your body and rest! You are still so fresh with your surgery. Give it more time to feel better... and you will feel better, relatively soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register