What's your pets name and why? - Page 67 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 09-24-2017, 06:46 AM
What's your pets name and why?

Lucian Reign is our 120 lb Doberman. That's the goof ball in the avatar with me. He's a European bred doberman so his body size and features are a bit bigger than American bred dobies. The hubby and I wanted a strong sounding name for our little fur baby. We decided on Lucian because he was the leader of the werewolves in the first Underworld movie with Kate Beckinsale.

Our first Doberman (who we had to let go at 4 1/2 yo due to multiple health issues and surgeries) was named Leland's Bounty. The hubby and I would catch episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter. Dog was always sending his son Leland in first and saying "get em Leland! " We thought that would be a good and different name for our 1st baby. Leland was an American bred Dobie and he was our special boy. My hubby and I still miss him terribly even though it's been a little over 3 years since we had to let him go.

Sahana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Re: What's your pets name and why?

Riley...Because he has the lfe.
Unread 10-11-2017, 07:22 AM

Roscoe the fluffy long haired cat and Theo the little black cat. Bo was my ginger cat but recently lost him. The names just seem to fit their looks and personalities.
Unread 10-20-2017, 02:05 AM

I have a beautiful Siberian Husky named Shelby. This is a name I like for a baby girl, but it just wasn't THE name for my own daughter. But for my dog it was just perfect. Everyone in the family liked it a lot too.
Unread 10-25-2017, 10:15 PM

We have 2 female beagles. Their names are Bailey and Teddy; they were named for characters from Grey's Anatomy.
Previous dogs included: Heidi - named because we lived in a no pets apartment, and we hid her. Tassie and Toffee - named from a cookbook (recipes for Toffee and Tassie Shortbread). Lily and Ivy - unfortunately, Lily passed away at a relatively young age; so we adopted Willow to keep Ivy company. All of our dogs were rescues.
Unread 10-26-2017, 01:59 AM

I have Mickey, my daughter named him, a Mini Doxie who keeps us laughing, and Charlie, a mixed breed I took in as a stray, who is the most affectionate and jealous dog in the world lol. Charlie just seemed to fit him, although he answers to anything if there's a possibility of being cuddled or getting a treat.
Unread 11-15-2017, 04:30 PM

I have two ragdoll cat boys. They're big, fluffy, talkative and clingy. You know how most cats are independent? Ragdolls are DEPENDENT. They follow you around and want to be involved in everything.

The two boys are litter mates. I initially names them Phoenix and Griffon, for the mythological creatures, but both boys rejected their names. The one I called Phoenix looked at me weird every time I called him, until I realized the "nix" part of the name sounds like a cat hissing!

I named my previous cat Leo, after Leonardo da vinci and after the sign Leo as I got him in August. So I decided this boy should be Mikey, after Michelangelo (the artist, not the ninja turtle - well, after the same artist the ninja turtle was named) and Mikey is also for Michael, the angel, because Mikey is such an angelic sweetheart.

The other brother was named Rupert by the breeder - and he was already responding to the name. Rupert was the breeder's favourite boy, and she cried when we picked him (we were the first ones to pick and she wasn't expecting her favourite to be picked first!) Rupert would look at me like I was an idiot when I called him Griffon, and simply refused to respond to any name other than Rupert.

He does look rather like a teddy bear, and he certainly acts like a Prince, so Rupert he remains! We call him Roo or Mr. Roo when he gives us cattitude.
Unread 11-15-2017, 05:16 PM

Leah Pug - well when I held her as a puppy, I was reminded of the Bible story of the sisters Leah and Rachel and how Leah was the less attractive sister, she's my smooshed face angel and I love her and Leah was perfect. And she's 10!

Baby Kitty was a 'present' from my mother in law because she did not get along with her other cats, so we brought her home when we got engaged. My brother in law originally named her but we looked it up on Urban dictionary, yeah... We changed it to Kitty. She is 15 and my Mom cat, she takes care of us and is the boss.
Unread 01-16-2018, 07:39 AM

We have 4 cats. Lucky came to our family because my s/o's aunt couldn't keep him. Then we got Angel, Angel came to our family because she was born to a feral mother on our land lady's land and needed a home. Thirdly we got raacal, he's our daughter's cat. She is his favorite human. Lastly, we took in pepper from our niece.
Unread 01-16-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringKittens View Post
I have two ragdoll cat boys. They're big, fluffy, talkative and clingy. You know how most cats are independent? Ragdolls are DEPENDENT. They follow you around and want to be involved in everything.

The two boys are litter mates. I initially names them Phoenix and Griffon, for the mythological creatures, but both boys rejected their names. The one I called Phoenix looked at me weird every time I called him, until I realized the "nix" part of the name sounds like a cat hissing!

I named my previous cat Leo, after Leonardo da vinci and after the sign Leo as I got him in August. So I decided this boy should be Mikey, after Michelangelo (the artist, not the ninja turtle - well, after the same artist the ninja turtle was named) and Mikey is also for Michael, the angel, because Mikey is such an angelic sweetheart.

The other brother was named Rupert by the breeder - and he was already responding to the name. Rupert was the breeder's favourite boy, and she cried when we picked him (we were the first ones to pick and she wasn't expecting her favourite to be picked first!) Rupert would look at me like I was an idiot when I called him Griffon, and simply refused to respond to any name other than Rupert.

He does look rather like a teddy bear, and he certainly acts like a Prince, so Rupert he remains! We call him Roo or Mr. Roo when he gives us cattitude.
Our Angel is also good at giving cattitude. But we wouldn't change her for the world.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register