skin and hair changes? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

skin and hair changes? skin and hair changes?

Unread 06-22-2009, 09:23 PM
skin and hair changes?

I'm almost 8 weeks post op, my skin and hair are different. My face is oily and my hair doesn't feel the same either? Does anyone know is this because my hormones have changed? If so what can I do to help with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Re: skin and hair changes?

My hair and skin changed as well. I am taking supplements from the GNC store. They have helped alot. It is a womens menopause pack, and it has supplements in it for hair, nails and skin. They also have them separately for just your hair and skin I do believe. I also use a better skin moisturizer than I use to. That has helped alot as well.
Unread 06-23-2009, 08:30 AM

I thought I would have problems with my hair and skin, but before my surgery of removal of those ugly fibroids thats when I had issues with my skin, but not my hair. My skin was always dry and I had ezcema! I had the ezcema as long as I had the fibroids so hopefully this will clear my skin up more, my husband has stated he noticed a younger glow to my face-these fibroids were wearing me out and making me look older cause I would be so tired and worn out!!! My hair, same I always shed whenever I comb my hair, so if any is comng out it's not much at all. Hola back ladies with your stories with skin and hair changes before or after surgery. Hey, Lady I think you started a new thread! Take Care, Ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2009, 11:12 AM

Thanks for your help, I will go looking today for the supplement pack. My husband also said he thinks I look younger not so washed out, but I don't like the oily feeling to my face and my hair feels very dry and limp. I'll go looking to pamper myself today!!
Unread 06-23-2009, 12:00 PM

I had my LAVH BSO on May 20th. About 10 days later, I also found my skin to be like an oil pit! I don't think the hot flashes and night sweats are helping any. I am a natural blonde and have always had straight, fine, limp hair and oily skin but this is ridiculous! I feel like I'm back in my teen years and I'm 55 years old! Anyway, rest assured -- you're not alone!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register