Am I feeling too good, too soon? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I feeling too good, too soon? Am I feeling too good, too soon?

Unread 08-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Am I feeling too good, too soon?

I am 10 days post-op. I have been feeling great since 5 days post-op. I get tired quicker,I have some minor discomfort at night, and my belly feels heavy since the removal of my staples but overall I feel great. I am moving around nicely . What scares me is other people saying, "they don't understand how I am not in pain." Could I have done something wrong ? Why am I not hurting? Should I call My dr.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2005, 12:23 PM

Congratulations on your lack of pain. I was also pretty quick to not be in pain. But I can tell you from experience: Do not, I repeat Do Not, overdo it. When I started feeling really good, I did just a little too much and boy oh boy did I pay for it the next day or two. Even though you feel good, your "innards" are still a long way from healed, so continue to take it easy and get plenty of rest. Pamper yourself. You're a princess now, you definitely deserve it.
Unread 08-18-2005, 12:34 PM

I felt the same way. I am just over two weeks out from a LAVH, but the past few days I have had twinges of pain (really for the most part are more painful then the surgery pain), they say it is common, nerves regenerating. I too did too much too soon after my first week and wound up sick as anything the night after because of all the moving around, then I really felt like I had had surgery.

Just take it easy and enjoy the no pain part, it probably won't last forever, you'll have your ups and downs, enjoy the ups while you have them, I plan to.

Take care,
Debra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2005, 12:38 PM

MrsTLB,
I didn't really have much pain either. After I came home I only took pain meds for 2 days. I had ALOT of soreness in my abdominal muscles, but I really didn't consider that pain. I was uncomfortable and had that same heavy feeling you mentioned.

I would consider yourself one of the lucky ones. I also felt very lucky to have a smooth, textbook recovery.

But take "jsd514's" advice........do not overdo it. Even though I felt good I followed dr's orders and didn't push the limits on anything. You don't want to jeopardize your healing. My doctor kept reminding me that I had lots of internal stitches and alot of healing to do inside.

Pamper yourself......you'll be glad you did later.

My recovery seemed long and boring, but now I look back and wonder where the time went. Before you know it you'll be back to your daily routine.

Good luck. I hope you continue to have a smooth recovery.
At 9 weeks post-op, I feel great!
Cheryl
Unread 08-18-2005, 12:47 PM
I know EXACTLY what you mean!!

I know what you mean - I'm 14 days post op and I feel like nothing happened! except, like you, I get tired pretty easily and sometimes things don't feel quite right (like a part is missing, which it is!). I didn't need pain medication after day 4-5.

I am struggling with trying to stay "slowed down" because no matter how good I feel, intellectually I know things cannot possibly be back to normal yet. Let's both just be grateful for an easy recovery and not blow it by trying to do too much!
Unread 08-18-2005, 05:31 PM

I was the exact same way as you. Not very much pain and people were very surprised. But even if you are not in pain, your body is still healing, so don't be fooled by the lack of pain, rest and take it easy. The body is a beautiful thing to waste.
clf626
Unread 08-18-2005, 06:14 PM

I had LAVH/BSO Monday. My old C-section [bikini cut] as it healed it grew around my bladder. I took no pain meds in the hospital or at home. Mainly so I would not have any bowel problems. I started taken Gas-X and stool softners in the hospital before I left. I have heaveness in the ole belly but thats it. Best wishes.
Unread 08-18-2005, 07:10 PM

I had minimal pain in the hospital did not take any pain meds after my morphone pump. The pump rarely worked because my IV were blown three times. I did take some pain meds once I was home but not for horrible pain. I had a c-section and my incision was done in the same place. Maybe that helps? I am not sure.
THeresa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register