1st time sex post op ??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1st time sex post op ??? 1st time sex post op ???

Unread 05-30-2006, 07:28 PM
1st time sex post op ???

This has been brought up across many threads. I'm now 5 1/2 weeks post op and feel great. The surgeon said I'm healed internally (5 week check). She said to wait another week to have intercourse.

I went to have staples removed (4 days post op)...was nervous...felt nothing
I went for my 5 week internal check-up...was nervous..everything went well,
She gives me the go ahead for sex at 6 weeks and I am nervous. Hopefully the pattern will follow....

How was everyone's first time post op??? I've read good and so so ??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2006, 09:50 PM
1st time sex post op ???

My first time at 6 weeks was fine, not great, but okay. I had no pain or bleeding or anything, but I think I was still just a bit swollen, so I did not feel as much as I would normally. I was just a little bit nervous, but I was more curious to find out if everything was still working (it was), and so we just took it nice and slow, used some lubrication. Every time after that it just continued to get better. So great not having my sex life limited by my period, and hubby says everything feels the same for him. Go at your own pace, and good luck to you.
Unread 05-30-2006, 10:01 PM
1st time sex post op ???

Hi teacher7
I'll share mine because it wasn't exactly typical. We tried at about 7 wks and were both pretty nervous. We took great care in planning for lubricant and just being careful.
I was a little tender, but it wasn't too bad at first. Before long we realized there was a problem, but I wasn't the one hurting it was my dh. We later found out that there were some stitches near the entrance to my vagina that were a fishing line type material and there were knots that hadn't dissolved. My poor dh actually bled some.
I called the office and had to come in to have the knots clipped out. My dr and his nurse were both a little tickled at the whole thing. She said, I'm sorry, but we just always have to smile when its the dh's who complain. I thought it was cute.
I did have some tenderness afterward for a while, but I was so pleased to find that everything was just as good if not better than before.
Plan for that first time to be special and unhurried. Go slowly and gently at first. You are still healing and it wouldn't be unusual for you to be somewhat tender at first. It usually gets better the more you practice. You might want to look through the Post op Sex Checkpoint . There is more information there that might be helpful.
I hope everything goes well. Don't have big expectations and know it should improve as you heal.
's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2006, 02:39 AM
1st time sex post op ???

I'm kind of nervous about how it will be for me and DH the first time. There was so much damage from prolapse of pretty much everything that we had stopped having intercourse almost entirely because the whole vagina had pretty much collapsed and there was nowhere to go anymore, if you follow me. <sigh> So now, after years, I have a vagina again, and I am a little nervous about DH's reaction to things. I'm still healing right now, with about 2 1/2 weeks to go before the all-clear to try it again. Mind you, even without that, we had a fun private life, but now bringing this back in after years will be...different! Does it usually hurt the first time after surgery?

Thanks much! Donna E.
Unread 05-31-2006, 04:39 AM
1st time sex post op ???

Hello teacher,

I do not know of anyone who was not nervous the first time after. I will have to say that I was very afraid of him getting on top of me. Then I went through the whole thing of being petrified about him ejaculating in me. Leading up to the big day I was extremely ready. We went very, very slow and it was great. If you feel the least bit uncomfortable at all then stop.
Unread 05-31-2006, 07:23 AM
1st time sex post op ???

Thanks everyone. We are going away in 2 weeks and I was nervous about doing "it" and being away God forbid something should happen. I've heard where the MD gives clearance and then there is some bleeding or discharge. I haven't had any discharge whatsoever so I do not want to start.
Unread 05-31-2006, 02:19 PM
1st time sex post op ???

I had no pain, spotting or discharge after 'the first time'. Just go slowly, use lots of lubrication and be the boss (on top). It just gets better and better after that first time! My dh said he didn't notice any difference. Good luck and have fun!

Mar
Unread 05-31-2006, 06:34 PM
1st time sex post op ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDuncan
I had no pain, spotting or discharge after 'the first time'. Just go slowly, use lots of lubrication and be the boss (on top). It just gets better and better after that first time! My dh said he didn't notice any difference. Good luck and have fun!

Mar
Thanks Mar...sounds encouraging)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register