incision infection question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

incision infection question incision infection question

Unread 07-12-2011, 04:13 PM
incision infection question

hi, i am not sure if i have an infection or not. 2 nights ago my left side became really tender, painful and there was a red spot on my stomach above the incision. the redness is gone. I have really bad allergies and get 'hot spots' on my skin all the time but the tenderness and pain are still there. the pain is hasn't increased and there is no pus or leaking fluids. its just more painful on the left side then my right.

i am in a unique situation because i am using the county medical system. when i had insurance i had fibriods removed, i have not been able to get insurance since i lost mine, so when the bleeding became so bad from the fibriods coming back i didn't have a choice but to go county (LAC+USC). So, i can't just call my doctor; i can wait until my appointment on the 18th or go to the ER. since i am not running a fever and there's no fluid i don't want to go sit in the ER over a day just to be seen. BUT wondering if i should just to be safe.

thoughts? this is making a tough situation tougher, i just want to cry.

leila
(surgery was 15 days ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Re: incision infection question

i am a little surprised i didn't hear from anyone. well, i was planning on to go to the ER but the incision seems to be getting better this morning and less pain (but still pain). i just need to be extra careful until i see the doc on the 18th

L
Unread 07-13-2011, 11:39 AM

Just seeing this post ....

When my incision got infected it started as a little extra stinging above the left side of the incision. The next day it was terribly painful, and very warm and red...by the end of that day I felt horrible all over and was running a very low grade fever....the spot actually popped open and drained some awful looking and smelling stuff...I did end up that doctor and was put on antibiotics as well as having to clean out and pack the area...i had two other spots do the same thing...it was a real pain in the neck!

My advice would be to do just what you are doing. If the pain gets worse, it starts to swell more, you see red streaks coming from it or it starts to ooze or smell bad...you need to be seen...incision infections can get nasty pretty fast...Ice packs can help with swelling and pain as well, others feel that heat works better...

Hope the soreness continue to get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2011, 12:23 PM

Ditto the above post! Keep a close eye on it. When in doubt go to the ER.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register