1 Week Post-OP Excruciating pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 Week Post-OP Excruciating pain 1 Week Post-OP Excruciating pain

Unread 04-29-2013, 08:18 AM
1 Week Post-OP Excruciating pain

About a week ago, I got a vaginal hysterectomy. I haven't been able to pass gas since coming home and I've been having what feels like really bad menstrual pains. I'm waiting for my doctor to call back but I don't know what to do, the pain pills aren't helping... Can someone shoot me some suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2013, 08:49 AM
Re: 1 Week Post-OP Excruciating pain

Hey WellI just had my hysterectomy Friday the 26th. Still having gas pains, I am using gas x and it seems to be helping. Ask your Dr. or nurse first. The gas is a wicked pain!!!
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverob21 View Post

Hey WellI just had my hysterectomy Friday the 26th. Still having gas pains, I am using gas x and it seems to be helping. Ask your Dr. or nurse first. The gas is a wicked pain!!!
I took two but they don't seem to be helping at all... How many did you take?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2013, 06:03 AM

I took two sunday and two yest. and it is onlly a little better. Are you having a hard time getting around and sleeing? I am, my Dr. is very conservative on the pain meds.. I am having hot flashes, sweats, dizziness, cramps,, and just miserable. Thank God My Man is able to help me up and about. But I think I went home too sooon.
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverob21 View Post
I took two sunday and two yest. and it is onlly a little better. Are you having a hard time getting around and sleeing? I am, my Dr. is very conservative on the pain meds.. I am having hot flashes, sweats, dizziness, cramps,, and just miserable. Thank God My Man is able to help me up and about. But I think I went home too sooon.
Yeah my doctor is conservative on the pain meds too. Let me know if you find anything that helps.
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:01 PM

Sorry to hear you guys are in pain. I found the trapped gas pains excruciating also. They took about a week to fully pass. I didn't find GasX thay helpful but took it anyway; i was desperate.

Walking really does help. I would hold my swelly belly and walk a circuit of my main floor. I know this sounds weird, but I also found being on all fours, then dropping my head and arms (like a baby lying with their butt in the air...can you visualise it?) helped. Something about my butt being higher than my head helped. Light stretching (arms, neck, shoulders) also helped.

Also, a warm beanbag or heating pad helped too.

Thinking of you all!
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:34 AM

Walking around, or slowly shuffling around my house helped to move the gas out. It was relatively awful but each time I got up I would make the effort to take an extra 30 steps and stretch very lightly to get things moving. It helped immensely.
Unread 05-01-2013, 01:45 AM

Please tell your doctor that you are in excruciating pain. Be clear about it. If you can take OTC meds like ibuprofen or tylenol. A heating pad helped me a lot. Moving around some helps too. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 05-01-2013, 02:41 AM

I work in women's health and am 1 wk post op-----WALK . I know people don't want to hear this but you need to walk.gas x is not going to help as much bc this is trapped gas from surgery and reg gas combined. Tell your doc, fluids, walk and avoid carbonated beverages. Feel better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register