Tailbone pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tailbone pain Tailbone pain

Unread 05-25-2001, 08:00 AM
Tailbone pain

Hi ladies,
I've been a lurker here for several weeks. I'm scheduled for a TAH/BSO on July 16th. I have ovarian cysts, and adhesions(from a C-section). It's a mess in there! My doctor said I didn't need it right away, but whenever I decided to. Why wait until I'm in alot of pain?
I don't have daily pain, but at different times of my cycle, I do.
I was reading some posts, and I came across someone that said she had tailbone pain caused by a tipped uterus. I also have been having pain in my tailbone after sitting a certain way, or for sitting for too long.....at the computer! I've also been told that I have a tipped uterus. I guess I didn't realize that they could be connected. I was thinking either it was weight gain, or the adhesions are multiplying and putting pressure in that area. It has been hurting when riding my horse too, and it didn't hurt before...bummer.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or heard of this tailbone pain being connected with my "female" problems?
Thanks in advance,
Eve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2001, 06:37 PM
Hi Eve

Sorry, I can't offer any advice but I wanted to be sure that you didn't get lost in the shuffle and hopefully someone with the same problem will come along with some info. I know there are other horse riders but I think they are in post op. Hope all goes well for you.
Unread 05-25-2001, 08:06 PM
Tailbone pain

Dear Eve,

Welcome to HysterSisters! I was also a lurker for some time before my first post. Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I've had a tipped uterus for 20 years and haven't really noticed pain in my tailbone area. I hope one of the other nice ladies can shed some light for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2001, 05:07 AM
Re: Tail bone pain

Hi Eve,

About 8 yrs ago, I had a nasty case of fibroids (heavy bleeding/clots/anemic) that I dealt with at the time via Endometrial Ablation (shaving down fibroids and zapping uterine lining w/laser). Prior to surgery, I had several out patient procedures and one over-night stay in hospital. My tail-bone hurt and I asked my Dr if I happened to have fallen when I was still sedated (not to place blame - but to figure out why my tail-bone hurt).

In the mean time, my menses became heavier and the pain increased to a point where I bought a Red Rubber Inflatable Donut Cushion to sit on while driving cause it was hurting so much. I didn't make a connection to the fibroids and aching tailbone (went to a chiropractor thinking it was spinal related). But now that I think about it...the tail-bone pain resolved itself after surgery.

I'm currently having pelvic and hip pain (got a cortisone inj into hip joint - dr thinking I had bursitis but it didn't help). People I work with try to make me feel like it's because I've gained weight since starting HRT <--which is true, but why is there pain only on left side where the poly-cystic ovary is located (and anything else associated with PID and fibroids). I'm hoping the hip pain resolves itself like my aching tail-bone did all those years ago.

Good luck to you.
Regards,
Noni_Fla
Unread 05-26-2001, 09:07 AM
Tailbone pain

Thank you ladies! Thanks for taking the time to respond to me even though you can't help me.

Noni_Fla,
I'm sorry for your hip pain. I sometimes get it around certain times of the month. Maybe not as bad as you do, but it's noticable and I take have to take Motrin for it.
I just thought that my female problems had something to do with the tailbone pain since it's just recent. Mine has only been going on for 2 years or so. So, hopefully after my surgery it'll get better.
Thanks again ladies!
Eve
Unread 05-26-2001, 09:27 AM
Tailbone pain

Hi!
Yep!!! All the time, worse around ovualtion and period. Yep---got tippwed uterus too!
Here's the explaination the orthopedist gave me....
Your psoas muscle is connected to your spine, as well as ligaments and other pelvic floor muscles. Anytime something is out of alignement or pulling on that low spine; tailbine pain, lowback pain and exsisting disc problems, can be worse or formed. When the ligaments and muscles are repaired, or the problem removed, usually this goes away unless you have exsisting disc problems and the prolapse made them worse.

Hope it helps! Made a lot of sense to me! I have my surgeyr on June 4th--Will let you know if it helps!
Peanut
Unread 05-26-2001, 11:19 AM
A-Ha! That Psosas Muscle...makes sense.

Hi Joyneau,

Years ago (back in my martial arts days - mid 1970's) my instructor was also getting her masters in kinesiology - so our classes included anatomy lessons as well as "kinesiologically correct karate". The Psosas muscle was what one tried to strengthen for various kicks (using the hips for power instead of "leggin" it - also works for punches). The Psosas is a major muscle that doesn't get as much attention as say the Abs or Quads.

I used to hang around with alternative therapy healers and read a book on rolfing (not a recommendation - just a souce of information) that spoke of the importance of the psosas muscle. I've been trying to make sense of my aches (have been dealing with diff pain issues since I was in my teens and am familiar with various ways to deal with it depending on the type of pain - either aleopathic or homeopathic or naturopathic or chiropractic or accupressure/puncture/shiatsu or etc. (massage is my favorite but it can get expensive).

Thanks for the psosas info - it was like a flash from the past. I've tried alot of alternatives - now I'm to the point where the pain has gone beyond the level of tolerance and the thoughts of getting some lasting relief is what gives me courage to go thru the surgical procedure and recovery phase....that and the "happy pills" my dr prescribed to help take the edge off the constant pain I've been having for months.

Regards,
Noni_Fla
Unread 05-26-2001, 11:26 AM
Tailbone pain

Noni-
I forgot to mention thath the only thing that stops my pain is Bowen therapy. if you are into alternative therapies, you might want to try it. It is a series of gentle rolling moves over the nerves and facsia and muscles. It is similar to acupressure but ever so much more genlte. It is the only thing I have found that stops it!
The rolling motion puts it at a state of rest so it can heal. The nerves are also at rest, so you are really relaxed and feel wonderful. If you can get your dr to investigate it or take info on it t them--it can be ordered through your insurance like mine was!Great for back pain too!

Good Luck!Peanut
Unread 05-26-2001, 03:14 PM
Re: Bowen Treatment

Hi Joyneau,

Thanks for the info - haven't heard of that one in particular - but the only "alt therapy" my insurance pays for chiropratic (I'm aware of several "styles" of adjustments from very soft "tapping" of reflex points to being twisted like a pretzel). I've had friends that were into Traeger and/or Alexander Therapy, but never tried those myself.

I used to live in the Northwest (Eugene, Portland and Seattle) and had friends who either taught/practiced/or knew who/where to go. Now I'm living in the Ft Lauderdale area - when my tissues have healed enough - I'll be getting off my duff and getting active (again)...probably yoga

Regards,
Noni_Fla

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register