It's like my body knows what is coming and is flipping out on me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's like my body knows what is coming and is flipping out on me It's like my body knows what is coming and is flipping out on me

Unread 11-20-2015, 02:02 PM
It's like my body knows what is coming and is flipping out on me

I know I'm in good company here because I have read so many stories at this point!

I scheduled robotic hysterectomy for 12/15, because I work for myself and that gave me down time during a period of time that is really slow anyway. I *thought* I would have one more period and nothing else, and then be good to go on the 15th. Nooooo... I'm having one of "those" periods.. end of my third week of heavy bleeding. We are now using progesterone to try to knock it back. Plus, being anemic, I am taking iron and am so constipated. I have never had problems before, so upped my magnesium and am taking stool softener. But I guess this is a prelude of what is to come, post-up. And the finale was that this morning I work up with terrible pain in my lower right side and problems and pain urinating.. UTI! Wooo.. I emailed my gyno and told her symptoms and asked what urgent care I should go to-she said go immediately, that it sounded like a kidney stone. That freaked me out. I've never had one of those! Don't want one! Fortunately, the doc at urgent care doesn't think it is a kidney stone. He dumped some cipro on me and sent me home.
So now I am literally counting the days and telling myself that I can make it through each day. I want my normal body back!
Getting off of soapbox.. vent over! Know that everyone can relate!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Re: It's like my body knows what is coming and is flipping out on me

That is no soap box, the ringer seems to have pulled you back through! Perhaps all the trials are getting out of the way so post op healing will be smooth sailing! Let's hope so! PS You really do sound like you are a trooper and handling it well.
Unread 11-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Re: It's like my body knows what is coming and is flipping out on me

Hi Not Plain Jane,

I can relate to your worries. My body and mind is also so different right now then it ever was before. I, too hope everything will be better after surgery. I'm glad to hear you don't have kidney stones, it sounds like you are taking all the right steps you need to take in order to take care of yourself.
I hope the worst if over soon and you will feel better soon:-)

Sunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2015, 10:18 PM

I promise, I just said this to my bff! Every since I went to gyno and figured out that there is a problem and I am trying to hold off until May for hysterectomy, my body is in vengeance mode!

I had the same UTI/kidney stone symptoms last cycle (that are usually separated by a week if spotting until it starts all over again). I was convinced it was a kidney stone.

You are not alone, nor are you crazy!

I have been in lurker mode until I read this. Thank you for posting this, made me feel sane!
Unread 11-21-2015, 10:30 AM

I've heard of period problems like yours before. It's as if Aunt Flo knows she's about to be evicted, and decides to go out with a bang! I hear peppermint tea works well for constipation caused by medication or iron supplements, so give that a try. And just think, by this time next month, those problems will be gone! I can't say I've had urinary issues to the extent you're having, but I hope you find resolution before your surgery, because you don't need that while you're dealing with your recovery. Best wishes for everything!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register