Right-sided abdominal pain at 10 months post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Right-sided abdominal pain at 10 months post-op Right-sided abdominal pain at 10 months post-op

Unread 11-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Right-sided abdominal pain at 10 months post-op

If any of you out there have experienced right side abdominal pain after hysterectomy, even months later would you mind sharing that with me. I have right side abd pain. Not severe but annoying. My dr wants to take apeek in there through laparotomy to look for adhesions or anything else, but I do not want another surgery right now. In addition to having a hyst in Jan I have also had cataract surgery this past summer as well as laser treatment in the other eye and I have been to the doctor for that or the gyn every month this year. I would like a break.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2008, 09:36 AM

I also have right side pain. I had a sono and they think it might be scar tissue. I know how you feel. I need a break too. Don't worry and feel better.

Tophatt10
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:20 PM

I have been having right side pain since my hyst, I kept going back t the castle, and kept getting admited due to fevers, on my third visit, they found an apple sized abcsess on my LEFT ovary which had to be removed... other than surgical pain, I was not having issues w/ the left side, so I was told I was having mirrored pain..HA I am still having pain, was just diagnosed w/ adhesive disease, was told I would need lap surgery once a year for the rest of my life YUCK, right now I am going to be treated w/ pain meds, Dr wants to wait at least 3 months before operating, he says 3 ops in 2 months is to hard on the body, I agree. I hope the 2 of you find relief, It is alful to be in pain everyday.
's
Diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM

Diana,
How were you diagnosed with adhesive disease? I have had 3 surgeries for adhesions(last one was May). I have been worried about this Oct surgery causing more. I have never heard of this. It is hard when you have to move every few years for work (never get to stay with a decent doctor or get a good repoire with them)
Unread 11-24-2008, 04:25 PM

My second surgery one month after my hyst, was when I was diagnosed, my Dr wanted to do a lap. surgery to remove abcess and left ovary, due to the amount of adhesions, he had to open me back up abdomonially, he said that they were adhering to my bowels and right ovary, he cleaned me up as best he could, he said that they developed in the month after my hyst, and that much so soon was not normal, and that I had adhesion disease, I actually thought he made it up lol, but I googled it and its real.
my Dr said he has to remove them or they could end up causing intestinal problems, so I will have an ultra sound twice a year and most likey an out patient op around once a year. It kind of scares me that surgeries will make it worse, but I trust my Dr..
I pray that you won't have to have any more surgeries
Unread 11-24-2008, 04:58 PM

I have the right side pain too. It comes and goes so I don't think it's adhesions, probably just a part of normal healing.
Unread 11-24-2008, 09:35 PM

I have the same kind of thing. Not really painful but can be annoying at times. My doctor said it could be that my ovary has fallen and stuck to something. It could be adhesions or it could be the way my vagina was tacked up - it kind of lists to the right he said! He also said the only way to find out was to go back in laproscopically but he couldn't guarantee that he would be able to fix it. So he reccommended waiting unless it was really bothering me.
It's not bothering me enough to face surgery again, just yet. Meantime, we will keep an eye on it with ultra sounds done routinely.
Unread 11-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Same pain in right side 4.5 mo after

I had a comlete hyst. done vaginally. Every time I have sex or stand on my feet for more than a few hours it starts hurting and can't relieve pain with advil or alleve double doses. I have had 4 chemical cauterizations performed saying that I have granulation at the site (having those done usually puts me down for a week. Terrible pain after intercourse leaves me hurting for the next 4-5 days. Even though we are very gently. Going in today for my ultrasound, hopefully I will find out something. I will try to write back to let you know.
Unread 11-25-2008, 06:33 PM

Thank you all for your replies. Now I know I'm not alone. In addition to the pain, I have had some bleeding as well. I think it was from the cervix, I didn't think to ask. Dumb of me I know. The doctor cauterized it twice, and treated me for an infection. I do not have HPV, so I know it isn't that. I feel like I'm being an annoyance to the Dr. because I have called so often, but I don't always understand what is going on with me even tho I read as much info as possible. All thes little odd things have happened. My doctor doesn't make me feel bad it's just that I don't like to bother people. She is always a good listener, but I wish she would explain better. I like her but she can be hard to pull info from. We have a good repoire tho. and I really don't want to change doctors. I had an ultrasound and the ovaries look fine. She said it could be adhesion but can't be sure. I don't want to cut them if there are some, because then they form again. I will just wait. If the pain worsens, I will call her. It is nice to be able to share with you all. I know you understand and hope you all feel better. We must count our blessings this Thanksgiving and always.
Unread 11-26-2008, 11:09 AM

OH I am so sorry you have to go through this, You will be in my prayers and I wanted to say HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register