Why now?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-30-2003, 07:29 PM
Why now??

I am going crazy here! I am scheduled for a TVH on April 3 and now it seems like everything period wise has been fine, but I have been getting constipated, my gut looks like I am 3 mos pregnant! The dr. had not found any cysts, tumors, or anything when they did all the tests before giving me the lovely decision to live with painful cramps and spotting between periods. No amount of hormone therapy or BC pills solved the problem. Now I'm wondering if something hasn't been going on inside since the dr saw me last. Just can't figure out what the heck is going on? Maybe just anxiety or stress...who knows...it will all be over soon I hope.

Sorry...just had to vent and let it all out. DH has been very supportive..but the poor guy needs abreak from my whining.

Anyone out there have any suggestions? I have not called dr since my mind has not changed but...

Thanks all....Neecy1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Why now??

Hi Neecy,

I hope that you are feeling better. Have you tried stool softners? Please call your doctor and see if he recommends any particular brand. You definately don't need the pain and cramping from constipation on top of everything else.
I will you the best for your castle stay and a speedy recovery as well. Please let us know if you are feeling any better. I know how miserable it can be. I had Lap. surgery on the 24th and I didn't go for 5 days. I thought I was going to blow up! The gas pains were just as horrible, but I am feeling so much better now.

Take care and blessings too!
Sherri
P.S. You will be bouncing in no time!
Unread 03-31-2003, 05:45 AM
Same here

Hey,
Same here, my body behaved wonderfully this month, but I will not be fooled....

I am constipated too (wow, what sharing here!!) but I think it's probably because I've been stress eating and that's not exactly heading me to the veggies and the good stuff....

Today I'm behaving, drinking lots and eating very lightly per my Pre-Op orders. My hyst is tomorrow and I will be glad to get this over with.

Just hang in there hon, you will get through this too....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2003, 07:40 AM
Why now??

Isn't that weird I am having the same things going on and my surgery is on the 9th. Stomach bloated, having trouble going to the bathroom and peeing all the time. I hope it is just the waiting stress game too. I have my pre-op appt. the 7th and will address it then. Hang in there it will all be worth it in the end.

Renee
Unread 03-31-2003, 10:26 AM
Why now??

I just had to jump in here too. My surgery is 22 days away, having my last period (unless my body plays tricks on me) and I am having cramping on and off and constipation. I think I know what mine is from though...iron pills. I eat 5-7 prunes everyday and this really helps.
Unread 03-31-2003, 12:49 PM
Why now??

You are not going crazy. My body behaved for an entire month, but then the last few days before surgery, OMG I got terribly constipated and started hemorraghing again. In fact the day before surgery, I had to run up to the drugstore and buy a mineral enema, I was so impacted, it was horrifying. I was also fearful if I did not pass it they would probably cancel surgery. Thank goodness the Fleet mineral enema worked, and then I was able to do the regular cleansing Fleet enema the next morning before going to hospital as doctor ordered.

My advice would be to try to take care of this situation prior to the night before surgery. That was wayyyyy too much stress and pain for anyone to deal with. The 24 hour clear liquid diet caused it to be even worse because you tend to get diarrhea building behind the impaction and it does nothing to loosen the impaction.

I know it may sound gross and too graphic for some to read but for anyone who is going through it, you need to know you aren't alone, but don't waste precious time taking care of the situation by trying to let "nature" take it's course on this and be in dire straights the night before surgery like I was.

ConnieW

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register