surgery/hospital from hell - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery/hospital from hell surgery/hospital from hell

Unread 08-14-2007, 01:45 PM
surgery/hospital from hell

Thanks everyone for your support and I wish I could say that my nightmare ended there. Unfortunately on my second night, a male nurse came into the room and started trying to restart my i.v. which had been taken out earlier in the evening. I told him that the dr. ordered it out. He said that I had strep throat and needed antibiotics. I said, no i don't, I just had surgery. anyway I was so doped up from the ambien they gave me that I was in and out. He tried to restart it and the vein blew. My hand filled up with the fluid, i swear it didn't even look real. My fingers were so swollen or filled w/ fluid that i couldn't bend them, to make matters worse he blew 4 other veins before giving up. I did raise hell about that one. They of course apologized again. On my third night, my bladder started spasming with cathedar in place, horrible pain, and I was basically man handled by three nurses trying to decide what to do. I have bruises on my arm from this encounter which compliment the four bruises from the blown veins the male nurse gave me. I couldn't wait to get the heck outta there. Ya'll have no idea. That place is seriously lacking in the patient care department. A friend of my daughters who is a nurse told me that it is known as the death hospital and that you should only go there if you want to die and that none of the nurses she knows would ever be medically treated there. Wish I had known that b-4 surgery. Oh well. Thanks again for all the good wishes. I am at home where I am safe from nurses and trying to recooperate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2007, 02:01 PM

we have a hospital near us that is awful like that. unfortunately we know this from firsthand experience. the best thing you can do is put it all behind you and work on your recovery. write a letter to the admin of the hospital if it will help you feel better...and be sure to never use that hospital again. i have left dr's that only admitted to the hospital that i didnt like. i just found new ones that went to a better place. its really all you can do.
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notcommon76
Thanks everyone for your support and I wish I could say that my nightmare ended there. Unfortunately on my second night, a male nurse came into the room and started trying to restart my i.v. which had been taken out earlier in the evening. I told him that the dr. ordered it out. He said that I had strep throat and needed antibiotics. I said, no i don't, I just had surgery. anyway I was so doped up from the ambien they gave me that I was in and out. He tried to restart it and the vein blew. My hand filled up with the fluid, i swear it didn't even look real. My fingers were so swollen or filled w/ fluid that i couldn't bend them, to make matters worse he blew 4 other veins before giving up. I did raise hell about that one. They of course apologized again. On my third night, my bladder started spasming with cathedar in place, horrible pain, and I was basically man handled by three nurses trying to decide what to do. I have bruises on my arm from this encounter which compliment the four bruises from the blown veins the male nurse gave me. I couldn't wait to get the heck outta there. Ya'll have no idea. That place is seriously lacking in the patient care department. A friend of my daughters who is a nurse told me that it is known as the death hospital and that you should only go there if you want to die and that none of the nurses she knows would ever be medically treated there. Wish I had known that b-4 surgery. Oh well. Thanks again for all the good wishes. I am at home where I am safe from nurses and trying to recooperate.
When reading your story I thought wow and I had some issues (no where near that but none the less big to me at that time ) I would seriously go to your states department of health .. and even your states represenitives (I know I spelled that wrong) and would start complaining till an investigation is DONE! The question I have is is that the same hosp that the patient died in the ER waiting for treatment in I believe it was California ?
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:09 PM

oh that is horrible My nurses were ****** too. But thank God nothing like that.But I did have one nice one.But I didn't go threw the hell you went threw.I would definately write evryone a letter in the medical field in your area and hopefully that nurse will be fired and license revoked...If you don't speak up the crazy ***** may someday kill a patient.
Unread 08-14-2007, 06:44 PM

I'm so so sorry this happened to you!!! I hope you'll have the energy to report this incident to the hospital!
And hopefully a few months from now you'll look back and think - thank goodness that is over with - I'm feeling so much better now!
Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register