dVH/RALH Have I lost my mind? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have I lost my mind? Have I lost my mind?

Unread 08-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Have I lost my mind?

I am set to go back to work next week. This sounds goofy but I'm super nervous about going back. I feel like everyone will be staring at me wondering about my vagina. Lol. Is it normal to feel insecure about being back at work? Also, during my recovery, my boyfriend who I have been seeing for several months has dropped off the face of the earth. So I think that is adding to my apprehension because I know people will be asking me about him. I guess I feel sorry for myself because I lost my uterus and my boyfriend all at the same time. I didn't turn into a drag or anything so I have no idea what happened. I don't think it's all my fault but I think he's got his own issues and I called him out on his BS one night and he didn't like it. Oh well. Sorry about the ramble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2016, 05:27 PM
Re: Have I lost my mind?

We had ours one day apart!
That seems like a totally normal case of nerves to me. In a week, you'll feel like things are back to normal. Sorry about the boyfriend. Sounds like you're better off without him. Go take the world by storm.
Unread 08-29-2016, 05:59 PM

I don't go out to work but yes I'd feel the same.
It is so bad that we have this stigma related to anything "down there", people look at that area as only for sex rather than it be just another organ in the body.
If you had had a kidney transplant you wouldn't feel the same and yet the kidney produces urine which goes out in the same area as you have been operated on! LOL
As for the BF, I'd simply say "Oh he showed me his true colors when I needed him the most" and go no further than that.
Good luck back at work and we have an old saying in England (I was born there but now live in TX), that "today's news is tomorrows fish and chip wrapper" (meaning that there will always be something new for people to talk about and your worries will be gone once the latest juicy gossip comes along).
Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2016, 06:06 PM
Have I lost my mind?

Today's news is tomorrow's fish and chips wrapper. I'm going to remember that one because it's true.
Unread 08-29-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedaw3 View Post
Today's news is tomorrow's fish and chips wrapper. I'm going to remember that one because it's true.
It's one my Nana taught me and she was the wisest woman I've ever known and her advice has never steered me wrong, God bless her soul.
Unread 08-29-2016, 06:17 PM

Ain't nobody gonna be wondering about your vagina any more than you're gonna wonder about their gallbladder, kidney stones, or some guy's enlarged prostate ! They're going to be asking how you're feeling physically, probably compliment you that you're looking well for having had major surgery. I had one or two coworkers ask me how I was feeling *emotionally* this year when I couldn't volunteer in a role that I've done for 10 years at our church's Vacation Bible School. Good people will ask things like that.

The boyfriend? I'm sorry to hear about his disappearance. It might hurt right now, but really the commitment of two soul mates is for better or for worse. If he left for whatever reason, he wasn't your soul mate.

Unread 08-29-2016, 06:37 PM
Have I lost my mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedaw3 View Post
I am set to go back to work next week. This sounds goofy but I'm super nervous about going back. I feel like everyone will be staring at me wondering about my vagina. Lol. Is it normal to feel insecure about being back at work? Also, during my recovery, my boyfriend who I have been seeing for several months has dropped off the face of the earth. So I think that is adding to my apprehension because I know people will be asking me about him. I guess I feel sorry for myself because I lost my uterus and my boyfriend all at the same time. I didn't turn into a drag or anything so I have no idea what happened. I don't think it's all my fault but I think he's got his own issues and I called him out on his BS one night and he didn't like it. Oh well. Sorry about the ramble.
We all need to vent sometimes..
Ive found that whenever we experience life changing events (whether it be a birth, death, marriage, job change or loss, surgery, etc) we certainly exerience growth & with that we come to realize who we value in our lives & how we choose to live.. So this boyfriend, although you may feel upset, you should realize that he wasn't worth being part of your life. Ive made some of the best decisions after life changing events..

As far as returning to work, just be concerned about your health. Just tell everyone you are focusing on your health & work. Take ibrophrophen with you in case you need for any aches. Cold packs slipped into an ab binder if needed.

Best wishes to you! 🌷

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register