Calf Pain? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-18-2008, 05:45 AM
Calf Pain?

When we are healing from surgery, our body sends tons and tons of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets (the clotting cells) into the bloodstream to heal us. Sometimes, a lot of those cells just kinda get stuck where they are in the body, for one reason or another, and just kind of build up over time, which can result in a clot. It is nothing that you have done and even the compression/blow up socks can't completely prevent a clot, they're just helpers. Not to be rude, but forget what hubby says (this once), and go, go, go. Calf pain is a serious, serious symptom, ESPECIALLY when we have had some sort of bodily trauma. I know that you are scared and confused, but TRUST ME, once you tell the front desk in the ER about your leg pain-they'll know exactly what to do! Don't feel silly, girl! Take care of yourself and be careful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Calf Pain?

i hope you've already rang the docs or been to ER hunny, hope your ok xxx
Unread 09-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Calf Pain?

Kelly,

Please let us know how you are.... Very concerned for you.

Keeping you in my prayers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Calf Pain?

Hey guys I am kind of embarrassed to say this, but I havent called or gone to er. See I found out last week that my DD needs major surgery. It is scheduled for next month. She is only 4 years old. My surgery came with a high deductible and now her surgery is even higher. We will be exhausting our emergency savings for her surgery. And I feel guilty going to the ER and then it turn out to be nothing. I am very confused on what to do. We have a nice size savings account and plenty of money coming in, but I really hate to waste any money right now since her surgery is coming up so soon. My DH is now pleading that I go because the pain has now gone up from my calf to my things. I dont know what to do I feel like if I go and its nothing then I will feel so guilty to waste 100 buck on an ER trip when my daughter is facing such a serious surgery. But then if it is a clot, it could be so serious for me. I dont know I am sitting here praying and waiting to see how it goes. I went to walmart and bought an icy hot patch because I didnt want to rub my leg and now my leg feels like its on fire and it didnt alleviate the pain at all. Iam so confused. My recovery has gone so well, I feel great besides this darn paininmy calf
Unread 09-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Calf Pain?

I'm going to be blunt with you. What good is that savings account if you are not around? Is the money more important than your life? Once I got into my hospital bed when I had my clot, they wouldn't let me out of bed....not even to go to the bathroom. It's that serious.

Call the ER and ask to speak to the doctor on call, or call your own doctor. DO IT NOW. (Yes, I'm yelling). If you do have a clot, your life is at stake. If you do have a clot, doing nothing could KILL you.

I had a clot. The pain will continue to get worse. Please, if you start to have chest pain or shortness of breath call 911. In the meantime, get off the computer and on the phone and speak to a doctor. It could save your life.
Unread 09-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Calf Pain?

Ummm...I am really not trying to be mean, but a clot is not just "serious" it can KILL you...what's more: $100 -or- being in ICU from a pulmonary embolism -or- death? If I were you, I'd take the $100 copay and I'm sure that your family understands.
Unread 09-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Calf Pain?

Amen, Catherine!
Unread 09-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Calf Pain?

i can only echo what the 2 pp's have said hunny, pls dont put your life at risk because of money xxx
Unread 09-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Calf Pain?

If you have a problem paying the hospital the $100, they will bill you and even accept $25 a month if you make arrangements.
Unread 09-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Calf Pain?

Yes, please get to the ER.

Think of your daughter, if nothing else. She needs you ALIVE for her surgery.

I've been checking in all morning to be sure that you are ok.

Sending you prayers...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register