hysterical hubby - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterical hubby hysterical hubby

Unread 05-11-2002, 12:23 PM
hysterical hubby

Hi all,
I know my dh is freaking out about the surgery even tho he just told me the night before he was not worried because this seems to be a fairly common surgery and he has seen me make it through other surgeries. I had a c-section 12 yrs ago when I had our son and the lap a month ago. But this is different i guess because we are both older and it is for a different reason than my previous ones.
He misunderstood some plans last night and we got to talking and he said he was not angry with me, just that he couldnt put his finger on his mood lately.
I tried to reassure him and said that the waiting was the worst part and it bothers you on more of a subconcious level than you realize because I have had the same problem. I reminded him about why my sleep is more restless after he commented a few days ago he thought i was trying to push him off the bed by scooting over to his side in my sleep.
I know my dh has a slight problem with showing his emotions at times. I told him it was ok to be worried about the surgery and that it was completely normal. We both will feel better after it is over.
He had also gotten confused on the day of my surgery....since I went for my blood work up and brought the bowel prep home last night...he got to thinking i was to go in this comming Monday. I said i had to remind myself too that it was the 20th...we still have about a week to go. I think he felt a little relieved then.
We also talked about some other things that have been going on.
I think he felt better getting things out in the open. I know i did anyway.
He did tell me once that when he starts getting a little crazy that I need to help snap him back into reality. He does the same for me. It kinda helps us keep things in perspective and in some sort of sane control.
We shall see what happens today when he gets home....the ongoing saga.....
I am soo glad, as i have said before, that I have found this great place to let it all hang out.
Without you wonderful ladies helping to keep me centered, I dont know what my life would be like right now.....not to mention those little happy pills.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2002, 07:31 PM
In total agreement

Pasta Princess.. thanks! You and all the rest of you have helped so much.. The last couple of days has been much better around here.. you said it girl "the on going saga" pretty much sums it up completely. The DH has really came around the last couple of days, much to my relief! Those happy little pills do help me as well. Not only with the pain, but it seems to calm me down quite a bit. 3 days to go for me.. omg!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register