Only a few more hours | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Only a few more hours Only a few more hours

Unread 05-13-2002, 03:52 AM
Only a few more hours

My surgery is at 1pm today, here it is at 6:30am, and I just couldn't sleep any longer. Well, I'd have to get up soon anyway, it's just ironic, cuz I am not a morning person, and I usually put up a big whining fuss about having to get up, worse than my kids even, haha! But here I am......I am totally tired, but not an ounce of sleep in me. Too wound up. Plus that dang dry mouth! (ack!)
I have some loose ends for today, knowing I'd have a couple hours this morning, I wanted to keep busy.....like my bags, I have all my stuff, but haven't actually packed. I have nice soooooft jammies, a couple magazines, some juicy hard candy, and some pamper-me stuff like body wash that smells like coconut, etc. I also have to call the daycare to let them know my mom will be picking up my 10 yr old today, since my hubby will be with me, my surgery starting so late and all, she is hanging with my kids. One thing I forgot to do was call my regular doc for a med refill, my GYN recommended for my meds, I bring my own in case they are not on the hospital's formulary list (which would be a pain, cuz then the pharmacy will not fill them, and recommends a "substitue", and I'm on some meds that I can't do that with)......so it's easier to bring my own and take them. I went to refill them, and realized one of them had no refills, and since it was the weekend, I had to wait till this morning to call the doc. I probably can't fill them beofre I go in, but I have enough to last a couple days, my husband can pick up the rest.
Well, enough babbling, I think I'll play some online games before I wake up my kids for school! I'll see you all post-op!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2002, 04:02 AM
Only a few more hours

Hi Heather!

It won't be long now, sweetie!

I just wanted to wish you the best for your surgery this afternoon! I can relate to the anxiety that can turn us into a morning person all of a sudden!

Take it easy, hon' - sounds like you have everything under control. Make lists in case you forget something.

See you on the Post Op side!

s,
Unread 05-13-2002, 04:02 AM
Only a few more hours

Hi Heather,

I just wanted to send you a couple of 's. I liked your idea of saving a few things to do this this morning to help keep busy.

I'll be thinking about you today and praying that all will go well for you.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2002, 04:09 AM
Only a few more hours

Hi Heather,

Prayers and best wishes for you this afternoon.

See you back here with your new crown!
Unread 05-13-2002, 04:14 AM
Only a few more hours

Hi Heather...First, best of luck to you honey. My surgery which was April 26th wasn't scheduled until noon. Not only couldn't I sleep because I was all stressed out, but then had so many hours of waiting. Atleast you left a few things to do for yourself. I had everything done except showering and dressing. Just think tomorrow at this time you will be on the road to recovery and a future of feeling better. Let us know when your up to it how your doing.
Unread 05-13-2002, 04:24 AM
Good Luck Heather

Best of prayers and wishes to you today.
Unread 05-13-2002, 07:23 AM
Good Luck Heather

Here's wishing you all the best!!!!!!!
Unread 05-13-2002, 07:31 AM
Heather

Just wanted to let you know you are in my thougths and prayers. It want be long now till all the waiting is over.
Hugs,
Gina
Unread 05-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Only a few more hours

Hi Heather. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck. Everything will be fine. My thoughts and prayers are with you. My surgery was in the afternoon as well. I took something the night before to help me sleep. Since I didn't have to be at the hospital until 11 am, I left things to do that morning, to help keep my mind off things.
See you on the other side and just think this time tomorrow you will be a princess.

Best of luck to you,

Tammy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register