Emotionally destabilized this month | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotionally destabilized this month Emotionally destabilized this month

Unread 01-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Emotionally destabilized this month

Auntie Flow arrived Jan. 1st with a vengence. I am now into my fourth day of severe pain. Visiting the pain scale it is an 8 even with medication. This is the 4th day without real food, naseau, dizzy, and fever. If I try to eat anything I go into doubled over pain. I won't even see the gyno until the 23rd, let alone get this thing out of me until sometime after that.

Just thinking about going through this again next month has me start crying and losing it. I am an emotional wreck today. It is all just piling up on top of me. I sitting here writing on the board just trying to take my mind off of stuff. Maybe this is just a combination of pains meds and rampant hormones, but I can't stand it. Why does it take sooooo lonnnng to see a doctor anymore these days?

I really need someone to talk too. Bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 03:05 PM

I am sorry you are in so much pain and feeling so badly. Have you tried to call your doctors office and tell them how badly your hurting? When I would do that before my hyster, they ususally got me in quicker. Or perhaps ask them to call you if they get a cancelation. I wish I had some words of wisdom to get you threw your pain, but all I can say is try heating pads, warm baths and lay down.
I am here for you if you need me!!!
in there
Unread 01-05-2006, 05:21 PM

Dear Tanner,

Thank you for writing back. Like I said I am just a wreck today. The doctor said to double up on the pain med. as she gave me the lower dose? So, now I am just really sleepy with mild pain. And I am hungary...finally. Although I am afraid to eat anything just yet. I keep thinking about KFC though(bad, lol). There isn't a lot of bleeding like in past months either. Kinda strange? Of course that'll show up when I least expect it.

Is the pain after a hyster this bad? I live alone and will be dealing with the princess myself, so if I know this ahead of time maybe my mood will brighten? I can't imagine the pain being like this...

I am making plans to have Merry Maids come by once a week and clean-up for me, a few friends stop by and feed the cat and clean the litter boxes. Perhaps I'll pickup some of those simple disposable things so they don't have to dig around in the kitty litter...they can just take it out to the garbage.

We're going to move the recliner around to the living room etc. and make it all nice. I plan on starting to put together at least 3 weeks worth of simple homecooked meals in the freezer.

I just want this over with soon. Sure I am scared, but I can't go a week every month like this and be non-funtional! Plus being this bad isn't great for my epilepsy. I am hoping maybe I can get a friend to stay with me the first week or so at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 06:34 PM

I am glad your feeling a little bit better. I would try and steer clear from KFC for a little bit (lol), well maybe some mash potatoes. I had a TAH and I won't lie, the pain is pretty bad, but well worth it (IMHO). I was in so much pain before my hyster there were days I could only crawl and watch time go by waiting for 4 hours to be up so I could take my next pain pills.
Do you have a dx for your pain? Having someone stay with you will be helpful for a couple of days. Make lots of bland food, your stomach will probably feel queazy for a week or 2. I lived off of jello fruit cups and fruit and crackers, it was about a 12 days before I had a decent meal.
Feel free to e-mail anytime you want to chat, I would be glad to give you any tips or advice I can help with.
Unread 01-06-2006, 09:30 PM
I feel your pain!

Sistahfriend! I feel your pain! That is my story too! They put me on hormone therapy for 10 days out of each month to "help regulate my heavy flow" but all that did was cause me to hemmorage AND it inflamed my pain (endomitriosis). I just finished my third month of this "treatment" and at work today I just about started crying when I thought of going thru more months of this. I called and begged my MD to move to surgery and not postpone this with any more "treatments". I scheduled my surgery! I will be praying for you as you wait for your "oven cleaning" day.
Unread 01-07-2006, 05:43 AM

Hi Kimmie,

Glad to hear you were able to get through to the doctor. I hope all goes well for you.

Tanner, the dx is a very large fibroid. I call it Wilson cause they said it is the size of a soccer ball.

It never bothered me until the past year and each monthly is worse than the last. Not so much the bleeding, but the pain can be incredible. The bloating is so bad I go from about a size 12 to a tight 14 or like this month just gave up and have been wearing stretchy pants. This morning it seems to have finally broke and the bloating has gone down. The tummy muscles are still soar, but at least I can sip tea this morning. I should finally be able to get out and about this morning....mmmmm breakfast sounds real good. Last nights dinner of mash potatos didn't really do it.
Looks like I lost a few pounds too. The past few days have been bad...Jan. 23rd I see the doctor. I can't wait!
Unread 01-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Sense of Humor

LOVE to see that both of you have a FAB sense of humor. That is the ONLY thing that keeps me going when it gets bad. (well, that and chocolate!). I have my pre-op tomorrow. I am going to see if I can keep one ovary and perhaps keep menopause at bay for a wee bit. Why is the word "pause" in menopause as, from what I hear, it hits you like a freight train? Hee Hee.

Food: so should I stock up on jello, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat (gag) and other soft mushy BLAND foods for a wee bit? No jalapeno poppers?
Unread 01-18-2006, 10:21 AM

KimiAnne.. I survived on jello fruit cups and crackers and fruit for my first 10 days post op. To me even the thought of something like mash potatoes made me gag ( and I love all potatoes). I liked noodles on certain days. Try and stock up on fresh fruit, it will help keep your bowels regular and trust me you dont want constipation after surgery. Watermelon is fabulous for fighting constipation.
After my stomach felt a little stronger fore more "real" foods I ate alot of cereal.
Good luck with your surgery!!!
Unread 01-18-2006, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the tips on food! I need to go on a diet anyway! I tend to be constipated on a good day, so I will get gas-x, stool softeners and watery fruits!!! (and loads of water). I am now arranging for my son (3 1/2 yrs old) to be at day care 4 out of the 5 days a week for 4 weeks and a neighbor will drive him to and from. (My hubby is serving in Kuwait so he's not here to help). My mom (who doesn't drive) is coming to help me with EVERYTHING. I did say I wanted a "wife" for Christmas (to help cook and clean), so I guess I am sorta getting one! Thanks again!
Unread 01-19-2006, 10:24 PM
had pre-op today

Had my pre-op today. We agree'd on keeping one ovary. I guess they don't wait for you to "poop" before they discharge you anymore (not that I looked forward to that part, but was curious as to why I will be in the hosp for such a short time. Operation at 10:00 a.m. on the 25th, check out at 11:00 a.m. on the 26th.) I have a history of ileus (bowels stop working) so I am a wee bit nervous about them discharging me so soon. I am nervous but am focusing on the benefits! Take care ladies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register