TAH 2 weeks already and fibroid-free FOREVER! :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks already and fibroid-free FOREVER! :) 2 weeks already and fibroid-free FOREVER! :)

Unread 11-11-2013, 09:24 AM
2 weeks already and fibroid-free FOREVER! :)

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to share my experience. Firstly my surgery had been schedule for December but I was hospitalized early October for what ended up being a degenerating fibroid. I honestly thought that death was nearing because of the tremendous pain. The ambulance came to get me on Oct.13th and I was in the hospital for 5days as fluid had accumulated in my abdomen from the fibroid that caused high fever and a heart rate of close to 200. My doctor at the time was not exactly sure what happened as this could have been a ruptured cyst or ectopic pregnancy; because of the uncertainty, my distended belly and high risk he rescheduled my surgery for 2 weeks later

Oct. 28th I headed to the castle. I was soooo nervous. Everything was happening so fast and at 32years old with no biological children I felt like I was losing apart of myself. Nevertheless, I went in with humility and my faith in God that everything will be ok and......when it was all over I cannot begin to express how AMAZING i felt!. The scary news was how my doctor described it in his own words "What a mess" he was so shocked and proceeded to detail how awful my condition was. The fibroids were cemented to my bladder to my intestines and onto my left ovary and tube which he unfortunately was not able to salvage but he did manage to keep my right ovary so thankfully i do not go into immediate menopause. He also punctured my bladder in order to detach it from the uterus and then had to call in a urologist to repair it. Not a big deal. I ended up having to keep the catheter for a week and all was normal after that. No long term damage to that effect. He said he had to use a GARBAGE BIN to dispose of my fibroidd as they weighed between 15-20lbs! He was shocked and expressed how he could not even begin to image the amount of pain I have been in over the last 8years and I felt so good in that moment that finally FINALLY he got a good understanding of what it was like living with this debilitating disease! He confirmed my nightmare which was in their experience there was no chance of me getting pregnant with a uterus like mine which was a bitter sweet moment for me. It's like i always knew this would not happen for me and as sad as that realization was it was also an eye opening and freeing moment.

Recovery at the hospital was alot better than what i expected. Yes there was pain but they do a good job of controlling it with morphine. Honestly the first 2 days are the worst after that I truly mean it when I say it was a walk in the park! Being positive and mentally strong this is something that you CAN get through. I was able to go home on my fourth day and every day was getting better and stronger. I did have emtional breakdowns maybe two or three times where I cried for absolutely no reason but that's over now. I do find I'm a little more snappy and maybe a little too hard on the hubby but then again i warned him beforehand not to take my outbursts personally and he's been extremely supportive. My step-children (9 yr old twins) have also stepped up to the plate and help around the house

I find it's true what they say that one day you can feel like you can run a marathon and the next it feels like you just woke up from surgery and that's tough to deal with. It's also important and i know maybe overly said here but so very true: listen to your body and take things SLOW!! the doctor gives you 6 weeks for a reason right? I attempted to do a load of laundry and was left paralyzed and in pain for the rest of the day. Sure taught me a lesson and a good yelling from mom and husband lol.

It's 2weeks today and i truly feel wonderful. I have lost 15lbs. No more belly yay!!! My advice is to take it slow. Stay POSITIVE! accept the help and enjoy being spoiled bc before you know it things will get back to normal and you'll be wishing to go back to this time

Hugs to you all. Much love and positivity. Believe in God and his plan for you for it is a great one. This is only a chapter in your life not the end Better days are ahead! Just keep the faith sisters xox

Deeva
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register