Rectocele repair along w/TVH - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rectocele repair along w/TVH Rectocele repair along w/TVH

Unread 09-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Rectocele repair along w/TVH

Hi All, I had my surgery on Aug 26 and know just how you all feel. I had the TVH/rectocele, but kept my ovaries. Like someone said, I would probably feel great if it weren't for the bottom repair. I haven't had a "normal" bm in 26 years. Almost to the date of my oldest child's birth. The doctor didn't even know he was going to do that repair until I was in the holding area before the TVH surgery. The drugs must have been kicking it good, because I haven't ever discussed my bm problems with anyone! After spending some time on this site and knowing what to expect as I recovered I got really worried about how I would "go" since you can't put anything in the vagina!!! When I told the Dr that, he said "I can fix that!!!" And here we are, way more surgery than I bargained for. I sure hope I can relearn to use those muscles and not have to revert to my old ways. He said I could, but I am not convinced yet.

I have been back to work for 2 days now and can tell you honestly that I am tired!!! Thank goodness I don't have a very physical job. I wish I could have taken the entire 6 weeks off, but it just isn't possible. Sitting for very long periods of time is still difficult and the soreness that I get later from it is tough to deal with.

I just keep telling myself I am half way there! (to the 6 weeks mark) and that I am going to feel remarkable when I am all healed up and bm'ing like a normal person!

I guess we'll all hang in there together!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2008, 02:03 PM

Hi Mgstellabrown, I am at 6 wks. and I was the one who had TVH with rectocele and I now just barely remember the pain but ahhhh yeah it was the worst part of the surgery. At 3 wks. there is no way I was ready, as you said if you do to much then you pay later. Be sure to read the messages that are sent to you about 1-2wks. 3-4 wks. etc and pay attention because if you don't take care of yourself now, you will pay later and that is not where we want to be headed. I vacuumed today for 1st time and did loads of laundry am back babysitting 1 and I help family so they can relax when they get home and enjoy life but I've gotta tell you, Iam so ready to go sit and take some tylenol. Please ease up on yourself at every opportunity that you can. You will be able to have BM's believe me, I was amazed that I can it was #1 concern it's so wierd, kind of funny to say about something so normal huh! And my oldest is 35 that little darling boy started all this take care and heal. Lyn
Unread 09-16-2008, 02:25 PM

am i so glad i came across this thread, i had TVH with A&P repairs and a perinium rebuild due to mutiple prolapse, i also hadnt pooped properly for a good few years and it just got worse after i had my 4th baby in december last year, i think i'm healing well, i say think as here in the UK you dont get a follow up appointment, i feel ok in myseld apart from tiredness and probably do an hours walk every other day with a rest on the days i dont go out, i sometimes get alittle crampy in my tummy area and a low back pain, i havent taken painkillers since about 1 week post op as i didnt want to bring on constipation, i take a stool softener twice aday just to keep things moveing, i too have trouble sitting for too long and often find myself leaning to the side haha, i sometimes get a feeling inside my vagina like a tampon is in but isnt in right do you know what i mean and i feel some pressure on my preinium if i stand too long, anyone else had this? i'm alittle
bit worried about a discharge from my wee hole, i had a pinky dishcharge from there for 2 weeks after my operation and now its still pink occasionally
but mainly its yellowy and can be sticky looking on my pad, i'm not sure if its maybe a UTI as the area can get itchy around my wee bit or i may be leaking alittle urine, i hope i'm not as the prospect of more surgery is not a nice thought, but the doctor did tell me it would be a possibility after they lifted my bladder back up, its only alittle and doesnt require more than one pad aday and its not really bothersome but i hope it will stop, i'm 4 weeks post op tomorrow, has anyone else experienced this, do you think it could just be from the trauma of the op, it just seems alot to be going through at 33 (sigh) oh well we'll see what happens eh
xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2008, 07:02 AM

Hi Lynhere, Thank you so much for you message, it definitely eases my mind. I have been resting as much as possible. It's hard not to feel like a big wimp sometimes though, but I keep at it. Torbaydi, Leaning from side to side is a big help and I do that a lot. A soft pillow or seat helps too, but the best thing is getting home and just laying down . I still have some discomfort and leakage from the bladder, and I didn't have the anterior repair, so I think that might be normal. Also still feel pressure. I am just going to keep lynhere's response in mind and know that 3 weeks from now it will be better.
I hope Torbaydi that if you are having problems you can get to a doctor for a check up. I don't know how thing work in the UK, but peace of mind is priceless. It is a lot to be going through at 33, and I will keep you in my thoughts for a speedy recovery!!!

Good healing to all!!! XXX000 mgstella
Unread 09-17-2008, 01:22 PM

Hi Ladies, Lynhere I do remember that at the 1-2 wk. I was under the impression that I would live in utter pain forever and it all had to do w/my bottom repairs. I was so desperate I had my husband look to see what could be so painful and was so close to calling my best friend to look and she said next time I better!!! But after 1 wk. I went to my Dr. and he was sad for me to endure the pain but to make the repair it took an incision and he had to build up muscle and it was just downright painful. The 3rd. wk. it started to get better and I continued on w/Vicodin and sometime later Dr. had me add 2 Advil to manage the pain. Finally around wk. 4 I could tell I was possibly going to live and waaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaa Iam feeling almost perfect!!! I still have lower back pain and doing a little to much yesterday at my daughter's house while babysitting especially since I have not done next to nothing for 6wk. but today after going to bed extra early last night Iam feeling great. Hang in there and if by any means, anyone has a question call your Dr. they can reassure you if need be. Heal. Lynxoxo
Unread 09-19-2008, 07:56 AM

Lyn, You are the dearest thing to reassure us like that! I am still just a little under the 4 week mark and can definitely tell I am starting to feel better. I still have good days and bad ones, but the good are coming more frequently. A lot depends on what I eat too. If everything "moves" easily I feel better, if it doesn't, well you get the idea. I will have to really watch that for a while. I don't like the idea of going to physical therapy to relearn to use the muscles properly, so I hope that nature will do it's thing and get me there.
I had to attend a meeting yesterday that involved an hours drive each way and several hours of sitting. Thank goodness they were kind enough to give me a break when I needed one. I still have a some trouble holding my bladder for very long and of course the bottom needs a break, too. The chairs rocked back really far too, so that helped. None the less, until I got home I was so done in I had to go to bed. Spent the rest of the evening laying down and feel ready to go again today, although who knows how long that will last! LOL
Be kind to yourself!!! mg
Unread 09-19-2008, 02:08 PM

Hi Mgstellabrown, I had only 1 instance where I didn't think the moving was gonna happen and I went w/our Mom's (Mom and MIL'S) old standby Milk of Mag and I was in business again I have had a couple of times where I would start to wet my kotex and ran and I had not had that problem much but as of now, Iam doing fine. My surgery and pain is actually a blurrrrrrrrrrr, and I hope that happens for everyone. However, I didn't start back babysitting my grandson till 6wks. so I have every opportunity to rest and my hubby did everything so I was well rested. I got a little scared to slow down when I read the e-mails sent to me by Hysters for 1-2, 3-4 wks. and they talked alot about doing to much and scar tissue, that scared me straight to relaxing. So when you can, take it easy and be good to yourself I don't want to hear anyone having problems later, we need to be happy and live life to it's fullest. Heal. xoxo Lyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register