Recovery from laparoscopic hysterectomy: LAVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery from laparoscopic hysterectomy: LAVH Recovery from laparoscopic hysterectomy: LAVH

Unread 01-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Recovery from laparoscopic hysterectomy: LAVH

hi ladies, i had a LAVH on the 31st also and i am still spotting especially when i am up and moving around i was told i was doing too much which is frustrating for me because i dont feel like i am doing any thing and that is furstrating in its self. my belly swells too this must be normal since most of us are having the same issues. i did not keep any thing for fear of extra surgery later on so i had him take my overies also because i am a huge surgcial risk and going under the knife for abdominal surgery is dangerous for me so we decided that we would do one surgery to get rid of all of it. i have been doing pretty well i still have boughts of pain that are not fun and my bms have been crazy as i posted a while ago i had become impacted and had to go to er. but i am doing ok now.i just must have done something on the inside when i pushed for so long to have that bm and it would not come out i think that is why i hurt now. i pushed longer for that unsucessfull bm then i did to give birth . i have had a lot of support at home but it still has been a hard road to go. well i hope every one is healing well. kelly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 02:15 PM

Kelly
I know what you went through-I had agonies trying to go for the first time. I also had everything out and it proved the best decision because of what they found. I know it feels like you are doing nothing, but believe me, a few decades ago, they wouldnt have let you out of bed for at least a fortnight and even then you would have been very restricted. I find it hard to be inactive too- I am a very busy woman normally. I work full time, run a brownie pack, play hockey, and belong to a canoe club and also do jiving. I can see my leg muscles turning to wobbles and I feel like an old woman.

However- I intend to take it as it comes and concentrate on making sure I get better without injury. I will go back to work after about 6-8 weeks and I intend to be canoeing on the sea again in August, and playing hockey next Autumn. (Oh and I am 50 years old).

I believe in setting achievable goals, so next week I intend to walk to the village shop and back. (This is too hard this week because back is up a steep hill). I am also going to do some craft -making birthday cards for everyone I know for the whole of this year. That should keep me busy next week!

Do take care and enjoy the lazy time.
Chris
Unread 01-10-2008, 02:34 PM

chris you are a busy lady and wow doing all of that at 50 makes me look like a total unactive person i am just normally runnning around taking care of my son and his needs and the normal errands that you get as a stay at home mother. i am only 32 years old it is driving me nuts that my son has to do my laundy for me because i cant bend in to the washer. i normally make him do his own but not mine but he has been great about it and dosent complain at all about it. my step dad has been great too doing the vaccuming and cooking and all sorts of stuff. i cannont complain about support but emotionally i feel a little strange with the whole thing but ill be ok. thanks to allmy hister sisters this has been a great suppport for me to see other people going threw some of the same stuff i am. take care Kelly..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Kelly,

I had my LAVH on the 31st as well and I still have some spotting. It must be normal because believe me, I have not done anything to strenuous except get up off the sofa to go to the bathroom. I think that everyone heals at different speeds.
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:24 PM

I am 3 weeks and one day post-op from LAVH. I still spot mostly brown. Dr. did exam on Monday and said everything was fine.
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:50 PM

kellylamie,
I just stopped spotting at 5 weeks and everything was fine. BMs will get easier. My swelly belly was gone until I went back to work, then back out it popped. Hang in there. Your body has been through a lot but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 01-13-2008, 07:52 PM

I had my LAVH at the end of October. I still have some swelling on the front of my hip-right around where the doctor did his incision. Anyone else have swelling there?
Unread 01-13-2008, 10:04 PM

I spotted for almost 3 weeks(started 2 weeks post up) - my doctor said it was completely normal. I got a little freaked out and made him give me exam and he said I was fine and to keep doing normal activity, to go back to work and to just not lift more than 20lbs until he sees me on the 23rd.

My spotting stopped this past week.

I start off the morning with (mostly) flat belly and I'm swollen by end of the day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register