Scheduled LAVH 25 and getting hysterectomy. worried! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

25 and getting hysterectomy. worried! 25 and getting hysterectomy. worried!

Unread 07-15-2013, 04:56 PM
25 and getting hysterectomy. worried!

Hello, my name is April. I am 25 and geting a hysterectomy for bleeding. I had my 3rd daughter 10 months ago and I have bled a minumum of 21 days each month. Birthcontrols and prescription meds did not help at all. I am due to have the LAH in 2.5 weeks. I have cystocele but my gyn said she wont fix it during the hysterectomy because its not normal to. I have done a lot of research and many docs do them together. I also have PCOS. We are discussing taking both ovaries. Has anyone been through this at such a young age? What kind of hormones would I need at this age? I have been having hot flashes, vaginal dryness and hormone imbalances since I had my first daughter 6 years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Re: 25 and getting hysterectomy. worried!

Oh honey, you are YOUNG! I'm 34, but I have a very good friend that had hers when we were in our early 20s. I talked to her a few days ago and she shared that her biggest problem was finding a doctor that would help her get her hormones right. I kept my ovaries, so I'm hoping to not need hormones for a while, but when they did hers, they took everything because of her endometriosis.
Unread 07-15-2013, 05:26 PM

I had a TAH/BSO 5 weeks ago because of borderline cancer and I was only 22 when I had the surgery. My recovery went well maybe partly because of my age.

My gynecological oncologist won't put me on hormones now because my cancer was estrogen receptive. However, she did prescribe me vagifem for vaginal dryness because that won't have systemic effects.

Like you I am very concerned about the hormone situation! I've been reading lots of books about it. When the time comes I will probably see a naturopath and get multiple opinions on which hormones i need and in what amounts. I think we will be ok! We can still stay young and sexy with bio identical hormone replacement!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2013, 06:11 PM

I had my hysterectomy three weeks ago and I am 27. I'm a little older than you but understand what you are going through. I always had female problems since I was 15. It got worse after my second child. I bled all the time and my doctor put me on medicine but it didn't work and he said the other option I had was a hysterectomy. I was so tired of bleeding and finally just told him to go ahead and do the surgery. I was very scared! I never had surgery in my life but knew I was doing it for a good reason. I am doing well and so glad I did this! My ovaries were left but some women will have the menopause symptoms until the ovaries wake up. I had the hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and weepiness. Your doctor will give you something for hormones since your ovaries may be removed. Your doing this to make you better. I can tell you that this is the best decision I ever made. Surgery to me was very easy. I don't remember going to sleep. You can do this! We are all here for you!
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:44 PM

Hey I am 25 and getting my hyst on Wednesday. I have no children. Looks like we will both be going through this at a young age! Hopefully we can be of some support to one another. The whole being 25 and getting my uterus and ovary and tube out freaks me out, for many reasons, but one of them is the age. I would also welcome any advice from ladies who have hysterectomies at a younger age.
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:38 PM

Hang in there ladies! Age is on your side so you will likely heal quickly. I'm so sorry your circumstances have brought you to this point at your age. I can't imagine the range of emotions you are feeling. You are very brave to do what needs to be done. Bleeding so much is hard to keep up with. I should have had mine out years ago and have suffered with anemia for way too long. My energy and strength ruled my life.

You are amazing for having the courage to do this! Good luck!
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:40 PM

Not related at all, but one of the replies made me think of something funny. After I stopped nursing my 2nd child, I had a horrible long painful period...after a month, my doctor gave me a prescription to make it stop. Turns out the medicine he gave me is also used as a fertility drug...somehow ended up with my 3rd child. That surprise baby turned 12 in March...and of all the ironic things to happen, she started her 1st period TODAY!
Unread 07-21-2013, 07:06 AM

Im also 25 and am getting a hysterectomy on 7/24. I have 4 kids. Im beyond nervous! They arnt going to decide on keeping the overies or not until they get in there. Im very nervous. Hang in there! Ill be thinking of yall!
Unread 07-21-2013, 02:45 PM

matthew5, I suggest that you get a second opinion for a couple reasons. First there is your age to consider, and it may be possible that there are other options that will work for you, second, doing a hysterectomy and a cystocele repair together are fairly common (I've seen many, many members post here about it), and third, we recommend that every woman get a second opinion. This surgery is permanent. There is no going back. I'm not saying you shouldn't get the surgery, I'm just suggesting that you be as comfortable with everything to do with the surgery as possible when the time comes. Certainly you don't want to have to endure two separate surgeries when you can have it done at once. Please keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register