LAVH Achy Cramps 6 week post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Achy Cramps  6 week post hysterectomy Achy Cramps 6 week post hysterectomy

Unread 05-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Achy Cramps 6 week post hysterectomy

Hey ladies.

Just wanted to see if anyone else may feel the same. I'm 6 weeks post op from my lavh with one ovary removed. I was doing pretty good and then I did alot on Saturday. I worked (desk job) for 4 hrs, went to a graduation party, and then stood in line for 2 hours so I could meet Bobby Bones (lol), and got home at midnight. And now I think I'm paying for it I'm crampy, achy and keep having these sharp throbs down low. I'm not bleeding and I get my 6 wk checkup in 2 days. But do you think I just over did it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2016, 07:00 PM

I am 11 days post op and having the same pains! I did alot yesterday outside and then today some light housework for the forst time. They are sharps pains in what i would say used to be my cervix. I hope its bc i over did it and not bc somethings wrong!
Unread 05-24-2016, 06:26 AM
Re: Achy Cramps 6 week post hysterectomy

Yes-I think you probably did more than you're used to and your body is reacting. I am at four months post surgery and it still happens to me whenever I do more than I have done since surgery. I think I've been particularly susceptible to it since my energy level really bounced back out about the six week mark, and I was extremely active prior to surgery. I never seem to know I've done too much until that evening and or the next day, since it feels fine at the time, and then I later develop an achy swollen pelvis. Soaking in a hot bath seems to help enormously, or using a hot water bottle or heating pad, and of course taking it easy for a day or two. I am trying very hard to pace myself, even this far out. The good news is, it takes a lot more to set off these symptoms than it did at the six week mark

Good that you have an appointment soon so you can get your doctors take on it. Glad you're feeling good enough to do all these things in a day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate5555 View Post
Yes-I think you probably did more than you're used to and your body is reacting. I am at four months post surgery and it still happens to me whenever I do more than I have done since surgery. I think I've been particularly susceptible to it since my energy level really bounced back out about the six week mark, and I was extremely active prior to surgery. I never seem to know I've done too much until that evening and or the next day, since it feels fine at the time, and then I later develop an achy swollen pelvis. Soaking in a hot bath seems to help enormously, or using a hot water bottle or heating pad, and of course taking it easy for a day or two. I am trying very hard to pace myself, even this far out. The good news is, it takes a lot more to set off these symptoms than it did at the six week mark

Good that you have an appointment soon so you can get your doctors take on it. Glad you're feeling good enough to do all these things in a day!
Thank you so much Kate! I feel the exact same way. I was training for a race prior to my surgery so these 6 weeks have been an annoyingly long recovery. So when I finally started sleeping through the night, eating, and getting energy back...I was excited to feel somewhat like myself again. I don't realize when I over do it, until it's too late I'm atleast still grateful for more good days then bad. I'm getting there, slowly but surely.
Unread 05-24-2016, 07:56 AM

Great to know Im not alone! Im going crazy doing NOTHING and when I feel okay I want to do things then the next day I am hurting!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register