I'am just so tired - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'am just so tired I'am just so tired

Unread 06-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I'am just so tired

ok guys my trip is off!! I started to drive out to houston and it was raining horribly all the way up got 2 hrs into the trip and DS tells me he doesn't feel good. Reach back over to him and he's burning up with fever!!! So I turned back around to go back home. Half way home got caught in a flash flood a poor lady on the opposite side of the road got caught in it!! Before I knew it all that water was heading over the medium it was so frightening the kids were very scared and I was trying to be so calm getting thru the water...I thought wow so this is how you get caught in flash floods scary!! We did make it home but had to drive in horrible weather conditions...Once home we have all slept about 3 hrs...I actually got sleep during the day nothing like a flash flood to drain you...So DS is really sick and I hope I don't get it because I can't resched this surgery my body can't take any more pain and my nerves have just had It.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2007, 05:05 PM
I'am just so tired

Sorry to hear of your troubles...but very glad you made it home safely!!! Remember to take good care of yourself (while you're taking care of everyone else).

Debi
Unread 06-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I'am just so tired

Thanks lost goddess-It is still pooring down rain..I live in Texas and we have had so much rain. Last year we were in drought and had water restricitons. Not going to be a problem this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I'am just so tired

Thanks for all the advice you guys have and it is nice that others have the same fears and concrens that I have this is truly a blessing to me, I have 30 days until my surg day, I think I might drive myself crazy about it , I really feel foolish.
Unread 07-01-2007, 05:36 PM
I'am just so tired

I'm finally down to the last couple of days and I have decided enough is enough. I've cooked the special meals and froze them, got things ready for my recovery area. I still constantly think of my surgery, but now I decided that I'm not going to do anymore and get as much rest as I can. The only thing I really want to do is rest, catch up on some movies and TV I haven't seen in a while and work on my knitting projects. I'm leaving the everyday things to my DH and sons. Try to rest as much as you can. Good luck.
Unread 07-01-2007, 05:54 PM
I'am just so tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxi
Thanks for all the advice you guys have and it is nice that others have the same fears and concrens that I have this is truly a blessing to me, I have 30 days until my surg day, I think I might drive myself crazy about it , I really feel foolish.
Don't feel foolish!!! From what I've read this is normal .

I had a 2 wk wait to get surgery date..then a 10 wk wait for the surgery!! Man my house is clean and partialy redecorated..Now 1 wk to my surgery and I'am pooped!! I did all that just to keep my mind off the surgery..Boy still not getting good sleep. Plan on doing nothing but me stuff this wk!!
Unread 07-01-2007, 06:05 PM
I'am just so tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by monikamouse
I'm finally down to the last couple of days and I have decided enough is enough. I've cooked the special meals and froze them, got things ready for my recovery area. I still constantly think of my surgery, but now I decided that I'm not going to do anymore and get as much rest as I can. The only thing I really want to do is rest, catch up on some movies and TV I haven't seen in a while and work on my knitting projects. I'm leaving the everyday things to my DH and sons. Try to rest as much as you can. Good luck.
Looks like both of us have decided to lay low before surgery. Enjoy your movies and knitting projects!!

I just have to keep myself from doing anything else NOTE TO SELF "rest and relax"
Unread 07-02-2007, 05:20 PM
leopardfanatic

I totally agree with you! Not only do we need to be physically prepared but mentally as well, as this can be a major life changing decision. Being positive really helps and attracts positive things and people into our lives. You are so on with your post and I hope it helps our sisters!! Take care!
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:06 AM
I'am just so tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setrimacoky
I can't seem to sleep at night since I sched my surgery. During the day I keep myself so busy cleaning and running errands that I feel like I'am going to fall flat on my face!! I keep expanding my things to do list...Two days ago I painted my bathroom!! I'am working so hard during the day to take my mind of my surgery but at night I can't seem to escape it.
I'am so ready to have this surgery but my nerves are shot.

Is anybody else doing this?
I think it's normal to try to do everything possible before your surgery knowing it'll be at least six weeks before you can resume your normal activities.

Not to mention that your mind is preoccupied by thoughts of the unknown. Before my TAH surgery, I was told that I might require a BSO, and that they wouldn't know if my condition was cancerous until the doctor was in there to see for herself. I was faced with cancer possibilities as well as possible menopause, and yes, that's enough to keep a person up at night. But more than anything, it was the not-knowing part that got to me.

I passed that time cleaning my apartment, sorting thru my closets in an effort to downsize my wardrobe, drop off donations at the local Salvation Army, make care arrangements for my kids, get together with friends, and do the summertime things I knew I wouldn't be able to do for quite some time. It definitely helped keep my mind occupied in positive ways.

Since the surgery, I learned that a BSO wasn't necessary, I was able to keep my ovaries and tubes, and that my condition was non-cancerous. Phew! However, my mind is still preoccupied with thoughts of my recovery, making sure I don't overdo things, and making sure I get my walking in. It's all very natural, and it's something we all go thru, so just know you're in good company and we're all here to support and encourage you!
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:25 AM
I'am just so tired

YES you are speaking for me! I hate painting and I painted my hall way and parts of my downstairs and my room!! I am in shock!!! I was so tired but started taking small doses of hormones feeling better... but I have to keep busy too, I too have become a professoinal worrier too over the past 3 years due to whacked out hormones, the doctors never saw it coming even though I was bleeding 3 months back in 2003, they say oh the lab says your normal.. UGH... Its heck on my 15 year old daughter JUST too many hormones running around this house hold! I am having a TAH-BSO with Burch procedure
done on JULY 17 2007 I wish you good luck... GOOD LUCK

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register