Weird Ab pain 4 months out???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weird Ab pain 4 months out???? Weird Ab pain 4 months out????

Unread 03-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Weird Ab pain 4 months out????

Hi all... Okay... I have had an awesome recovery except for one problem... The day following surgery I was walking with a nurse and was asking about this odd pain just to the right of my belly buttom.. kinda sharp stabbing.. she thought it was due to gas... well. it stayed...never moved... talked with my doctor she thought it was either because of the clamps or perhaps because she repaired my abs because I had two 10+lb babies and torn abs... but the pain is still there sharp an area about the size of a quarter... now I am getting paranoid that something might have been left in... clamp.. sponge??? Any ideas THANKS Suzanne tah/bso nov 2007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 04:16 PM

I have the exact same pain and in the same spot. I too asked the Dr. and was told that it was from the clamps. I have been a bit worried about it too! 8 wks post op - LAVH/BSO
Unread 03-28-2008, 05:44 PM

not sure if its the same thing, but yesterday a pain started around my belly button, the area is tender, I asked the doctor, but he said that he was not in that area, he thinks it has something to do with the surgery, but not sure. cant belief, I didnt have this pain before surgery I am thinking what the heck could it be??
blessings,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2008, 05:23 AM

Mustang & Zanner:
Are you saying it was from the use of clamps during surgery or some that were left in (either on purpose or not). I too have had a very sharp pain just to the left of my vert. incision and diagnally down about 1-2 inches. They kept telling me it was a nerve re-awakening, but at my 4 wk exam with onc. , he pushed on my abdomen and I was in severe cramping pain for 2 days and the same thing happened with my 6 wk post op check with gyn. Don't notice it much other than that unless clothes bind in that area.
I too was never in any pain prior to surgery, so would like to know what has happened.
Unread 03-29-2008, 06:54 AM

Hi Again... I never thought the docs had left anything in until this continued for sooooooooo long... I still may be nuts.. but it seems so strange that I have this so long after surgery.. and yes I am calling my doctor next week.. first I have to get throuh my sweet 10 year old daughters ear surgery on Monday.. my two sons , 25 yrs and 21 years were very big boys and I had c-sections with both.. (My sweet baby girl is adopted:-) I was in NO pain within 2 months.. I know this surgery can be far more invasive and required a lots of probing around.. but I still had expectations of being fully recovered by now.. I'll let you know what happens at the doc this time... Thanks for all of your input Suzanne
Unread 03-29-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanner
Hi Again... I never thought the docs had left anything in until this continued for sooooooooo long... but it seems so strange that I have this so long after surgery.. but I still had expectations of being fully recovered by now..
Tell me about it! I have been here in pain for 7 months post-op.

Similar pain but NEVER GOES AWAY!

It sucks when you have to start researching on your own, cause ya just know something is wrong.

I feel I cheated myself having a hysterectomy, afterall, 7 months out, I'm supposed to have a new lease on life....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register