Sore breasts/PMS symptoms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sore breasts/PMS symptoms Sore breasts/PMS symptoms

Unread 03-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Sore breasts/PMS symptoms

apparently my boobies think I am pregnant that's how they feel! I kept my ovaries and my boobies hurt so bad the last few days. Even just putting a tshirt on when it brushes my nipples hurts and they are just sore all over. Anyone else experiencing this? Do you think its cycle related?
I know I will still get pms symptoms and they do get sore but this seems worse than usual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Re: Confused Boobies....

I have noticed at the time of the month mine hurt really bad too. It seems to take longer to go away but this month has been better. Best wishes.
Unread 03-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Re: Confused Boobies....

I have no words of wisdom as I have no ovaries, but your subject line made me laugh.

Perhaps your ovaries have decided to kick out a huge amt of hormones because of the surgery. You know, just to make sure they're still alive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Re: Sore breasts/PMS symptoms

I have this problem, I started having PMS symptoms 2 months post op, and infact, I think my boobs have grown a cup size.. I'm on no HRT's, still have my ovaries.. So I dunno, it does go away though, which is good.. although the cup size that I have grown hasn't though... LoL!
Unread 03-30-2009, 11:11 AM

Although my breast tenderness lessened over the months, I was still having it one year post surgery. So I went decaf - even dropping my beloved chocolate - and the tenderness is almost all gone.
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:55 PM

me too...but the pms symptoms were not as bad as they use to be when i had periods
Unread 03-30-2009, 04:29 PM

Man, would I love to have your cup size issues!! I am small busted, but big hipped, and some bigger boobs would help balance me out!! LOL
I have noticed since my surgery that I seem to have the same PMS symptoms that I had before the surgery. Only, they seem to have shown up twice as often!! I was able to keep both ovaries. Before my surgery, without fail, I would go into a deep freeze every evening, have sore boobs, and get rather weepy when my PMS symptoms started. Then, 3-4 days before my period started, my appetite would ramp up like crazy! I am 4 weeks post-op today, and I find I have already gone through two sessions of PMS symptoms, but mine are MINUS the sore boobs. I had an ablation in 2005, and for 3-4 months after that surgery, my boobs were so sore, I couldn't handle a bra! Not good, as I need the extra padding, just so I look like I have some! However, that faded, and I am hoping that this latest hormone rage will subside too. I lost 30 lbs about 2 years ago. I have kept it off, except for about 6 lbs that seemed to find their way back after Christmas. After my surgery, I lost 8 lbs (I now think that my uterus was the cause of my 6 lb weight gain), but have gained about 4 back. I am sure those 4 lbs are due to my out-of-control appetite. This had better go away, because I am not a big fan of saying NO to food!!
Unread 03-30-2009, 07:24 PM

Thanks girls
Wendy that's probably what the ol ovaries are doing, they are ticked and kicking out lots of hormones!
I guess my subject line offended someone since it was changed, sorry about that, was just trying to put some smiles and laughs out there.
anyhow sounds like normal I wouldn't mind growing and staying a cup size too, lucky girl Jen
Unread 03-30-2009, 07:46 PM

I hope these hormone issues settle down for you, Kristin.
Unread 03-30-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanachic View Post
I guess my subject line offended someone since it was changed
As part of keeping the site PG rated, we ask in the Site Guidelines that members post in a mature tone using correct terminology:
  Quote:
Keep it PG-rated:
You agree not to post messages or links that are obscene, profane, sexually explicit or descriptively graphic. Posts with sexual content should have a tone of maturity and appropriate vocabulary. The community of HysterSisters.com is based upon "kind support, woman to woman".
For one, search engines will pick up words posted and some words are not going to attract empathetic women to your post and the site but rather not so nice people looking for topics not related to a hysterectomy!

Regarding the issue being discussed, it is not uncommon at all for breasts to be swollen and sore following a hysterectomy when the ovaries were retained. Our hormone levels can be out of whack for awhile creating PMS symptoms that for some of us are more severe than we faced pre hysterectomy. With time, some ladies have found that their PMS symptoms have resolved completely. Others find they get back to "normal." Others of us end up with worse symptoms than before.

In my case, the birth control pills I had used for years to help with my cycles had helped my PMS far more than I had ever realized! Now I can have months with no symptoms and months with symptoms that last for weeks on end! Sometimes the symptoms are worse than others.

If you continue to have issues, talk to your doctor. Mine offered a couple options--birth control pills or natural progesterone cream. One of those options might work for you! But first, give your body some time to adjust to your recent surgery. Cold compresses and ibuprofen can help with the tenderness and swelling, along with wearing a good, supportive bra.

Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register