TVH Lower Back Pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lower Back Pain? Lower Back Pain?

Unread 12-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Lower Back Pain?

I've been having lower back pain since my surgery on Nov. 4th. It feels a lot like fatigue, when I overdo it. I told my Dr. about it, and she doesn't seem to think it's surgery-related. Just wondering if any other Sisters are having lower back pain as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Re: Lower Back Pain?

I have also been having lower back pain. I'm usually a side sleeper and having to sleep on my back now is hard. I'm not sure this is the entire problem but I'm sure its contributing to my pain. I'm going to try putting some heat on the area and see if this helps.

Flowergarland
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:11 PM

I am having lots of back pain too ! I had my TAH on Nov 26 and when I do too much I get sore . I attribute it to my bad posture because I feel I need to hunch over so I don't hurt my tummy and maybe lack of tummy muscles since we are not supposed to use them. I'd love to have a warm hot soak in the tub... But I think a hot pack is in order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2013, 11:47 PM

I have low back pain since about week 8, now I'm in week 13-14 not sure I still have the same low back pain. At week 9 I have an appt with my OB GYN (to release me completely after silver nitrate treatments on vag cuff) and told her about my pain she said I should go to my gp. I went, she gave me Tramadol and was told that if wasn't enough to go to ER. The day after I barely could walk and was in so much pain after work that I asked my hubby to take me to ER. There I got a shot of Keterolac a pill of Valium and something for nausea that I had. X RAY were performed showing nothing. ER DR was thinking that i may be passing kidney stones and maybe that was the reason of my bad low back pain. I was released with prescriptions for Vicodin, Flexeril, and Colace. I went back to my gp and she sent me for an abdominal ultrasound and a CT SCAN. The first showed nothing important only a small cyst and the second was not approved by insurance (not enough evidence that I needed) I guess been in so much pain and a ER visit wasn't enough. Then, my gp decided to run a complete blood test that showed that my body has some inflammation somewhere and she thinks is just I'm healing still. I had a last visit with my OB GYN and she didn't seem concerned just did a routine pelvic check up (vaginal cuff finally heal) a urine test that finally came clear (I was having blood in urine and bacteria traces) and that was it she just ask me to go back in 6 weeks for another check up. I went to my gp (I was running out of pain medication and muscular relaxer) so I needed another prescription. She told me I shouldn't rush my body to heal that it will take at least 4-6 months and if by Feb I still have low back pain (my 4 month mark) she will try to get the CT SCAN approval. Guess what? Idk why and/or the reasons but today I had a call from my OB GYN office, she requested an abdominal/pelvic CATSCAN and actually they already have the approval and the appt for that (next Friday) the Dr's assistant told me that the dr was concerned about me and wanted to find out why I was in pain still. It really surprised me and worried me at the same time. I want to know (I have been in pain all-day today) why is this pain and what to do to get rid of it.
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:01 AM

I just had a Tah on dec 18 and my low back is in so much pain.
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:22 AM

I too have been experiencing lower back pain, but was told it could be the position we we laying on the operating table and also laying on our backs and sides most of the time when we come home. Been using voltaren emulgel, but since I am more mobile since 3 weeks ago, my back pains have subsided quite a bit
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:51 AM

Im around 2 months and my back hurts after Im up and about for 2 hours. My R hip also hurts all the time. its terrible.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register