Involuntary stretches since hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Involuntary stretches since hysterectomy Involuntary stretches since hysterectomy

Unread 12-21-2016, 07:01 PM
Involuntary stretches since hysterectomy

So I have been having these involuntary stretches since my surgery. It happens at night and it's mainly situated in my upper torso but goes down to my legs. It's completely involuntary on my part and it normally wakes me up. It doesn't hurt me but I of course worry about it pulling on my incisions. I have seen old posts with other women experiencing this but no one knows why. Involuntary stretching is the best way it can explain it but it actually feels more like it's in my nerves and it makes my body move. That may not make sense. I wonder if it's some sort of healing process for the nerves? Anyone else have this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2016, 07:13 PM

I get the same and it feels good! Not sure what causes it will be good to follow posts!
Unread 12-21-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chreff View Post
So I have been having these involuntary stretches since my surgery. It happens at night and it's mainly situated in my upper torso but goes down to my legs. It's completely involuntary on my part and it normally wakes me up. It doesn't hurt me but I of course worry about it pulling on my incisions. I have seen old posts with other women experiencing this but no one knows why. Involuntary stretching is the best way it can explain it but it actually feels more like it's in my nerves and it makes my body move. That may not make sense. I wonder if it's some sort of healing process for the nerves? Anyone else have this?
I had just posted about these in our report thread. I started them yesterday morning if I remember right. It feels great until it hits my abs and then I try to cut the stretch short so I don't pull anything internally. I'm not aware of them happening at night, so far it's only as I'm waking up. So happy to hear I'm not the only one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyNormal9 View Post
I had just posted about these in our report thread. I started them yesterday morning if I remember right. It feels great until it hits my abs and then I try to cut the stretch short so I don't pull anything internally. I'm not aware of them happening at night, so far it's only as I'm waking up. So happy to hear I'm not the only one.
Your post is what made me want to post here. Until I read yours I thought it was in my head. Then I read the old posts and it seems lots of women get them!

Wonder why? Weird yours just started. I was getting them still in the hospital.
Unread 12-21-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Your post is what made me want to post here. Until I read yours I thought it was in my head. Then I read the old posts and it seems lots of women get them!

Wonder why? Weird yours just started. I was getting them still in the hospital.
I had read about them before my surgery but then forgot about them completely until they started. So I looked it up again and didn't see anything posted recently about them so I figured I'd mention it.

It's weird that mine started almost two week after yours. What type of surgery did you have?
Unread 12-21-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyNormal9 View Post
I had read about them before my surgery but then forgot about them completely until they started. So I looked it up again and didn't see anything posted recently about them so I figured I'd mention it.

It's weird that mine started almost two week after yours. What type of surgery did you have?
TAH took everything but the ovaries (well one tube is adhered to the ovary so she only took part of it)
Unread 12-21-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
TAH took everything but the ovaries (well one tube is adhered to the ovary so she only took part of it)
Huh, same as what I had, only he got all of my tubes. I guess that rules out a difference because of procedure types
Unread 12-21-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I had this too. Mine was in my abdominal area and it was the strangest sensation. It only happened at night. I talked to a family medicine doctor who used to be a surgeon and he had a fancy word for it that I don't remember. What I do remember though is that he said it is completely normal!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register