Home from the Castle and feeling pretty good!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the Castle and feeling pretty good!!! Home from the Castle and feeling pretty good!!!

Unread 11-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Home from the Castle and feeling pretty good!!!

I'm back and feeling pretty good!! My visit to the castle proved to be way better than I feared. My DH and Sister were with me, we entered in the day surgery part of the castle. I signed in and they took me and my family back to the prep room. After getting dressed in the lovely (NOT) gowns that they provided and given my family hugs and kisses, I was taken to the room where my surgical bed awaited. After settling in (necessary blood drawn, IV hook up, and given the happy juice). I remember speaking to the
Anesthesiologist then absolutely nothing else until they were waking me up. My LSH was approximately 3 1/2 hours long the doctor ended up doing 4 incensions instead of the three because my uterus was so full of cyst and fibroids and one fibroid was the size of an orange . I lost more blood than they wanted me too but still pulled through without having to get a transplant. I was in recovery for 45 minutes because they had some problems getting me to wake up. But, I did ladies and let me tell you I felt like a new woman! I feel in love with the little morphine button that they gave me . My hospital stay was wonderful. The nursing staff treated me like a princess!! The next morning they removed the urine bag and I was helped out of the bed an hour later to use the restroom!! After using the restroom, walking, and passing gas I was released to go home at exactly 2:30pm. The worst part of this experience would be getting up and down out of the bed. OH and I had to go back to the doctors today because I had an allergic reaction to the bandages use to cover my incesions. I learned that I had Adenomyosis (my uterus was very soft), I knew I had Endometriosis but did not know about the Adenomyosis until the surgery. I do feel so much better. For those in waiting, please don't over stress it!! It is not as bad as your mind is trying to make it out to be. You will feel brand new when this is over. I will be praying for all of you.

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 10:30 PM

Victoria,

Welcome Home! Glad you had a good experience and are feeling well. Remember that you have a LOT of internal healing to do and be careful not to overdo it!

Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest!

Oh, and get lots of pampering, too!

Take Care and welcome to the "other side".

Christine
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:28 AM

I'm sure you're happy to be at home! Glad to hear that all is going well for you! Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Make sure you get plenty of rest (Pamper the Princess). Take care sunshine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2007, 07:26 AM

carsonvk - So Glad to hear things went well for you!! Appreciate you updating us - I am a Pre-Op and need to hear all the good news possible!
Congratulations!!
Unread 11-17-2007, 04:33 PM

yea! you did it! congrats! hope you are off to a great recovery. remember to take it slow and steady. thanks for your updates!
Unread 11-17-2007, 04:42 PM
welcome to the other side

and I can't wait to be there myself....

Today is Saturday, how are you feeling after a couple days at home? Are they all taking good care of you (DH and family that is...) as they should be

I'd love to hear every step of your recover, I've got another three weeks to wait and yes, I believe you'll agree, this is the hardest part....

Get some reading in and lots of rest & fluids and hope to hear more soon....
Unread 11-17-2007, 05:20 PM
4 days later!!

Well, today is Saturday and I think I may have over did a little. Yes, I still feel much better than expected;however, I am use to being the one taken care of the family and they are used to me doing it all, so I believe that I may have over did it a bit. Today I am very sore and sluggish. I still am having trouble using the restroom (pooping). I used it on Wednesday and that is it!! I may need to take a laxative My sister came over today and took charge and got my family to do their part. She reminded them and me that I just had surgery and I don't need to do anything but recover. (Have I said how much I LOVE MY SISTER). The main things is to take it slow ladies.
I also realized something very important that I have not heard anyone mention. In the Castle the toilets are sitting up rather high (you don't have to bend down much to sit), but when you come home OH MY GOODNESS it seems a mile away and the bending down is very difficult So make sure you support yourself well before sitting. Those are my two cents. Be blessed!!
Unread 11-17-2007, 05:36 PM
toilet....

carsonvk- do you think it would have helped having a walker to pull you up with or help to lower with? I have nothing to hold onto when getting on or off the toilet, your note here pointed that out! I wouldn't have thought about it otherwise, thank you but now the solution....I do have access to a walker and was going to get it to help me get in and out of bed with. I'll be on my own by my third day post op and am trying to find ways to take care of me while I'm alone for 8 hours....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonvk
Well, today is Saturday and I think I may have over did a little. Yes, I still feel much better than expected;however, I am use to being the one taken care of the family and they are used to me doing it all, so I believe that I may have over did it a bit. Today I am very sore and sluggish. I still am having trouble using the restroom (pooping). I used it on Wednesday and that is it!! I may need to take a laxative My sister came over today and took charge and got my family to do their part. She reminded them and me that I just had surgery and I don't need to do anything but recover. (Have I said how much I LOVE MY SISTER). The main things is to take it slow ladies.
I also realized something very important that I have not heard anyone mention. In the Castle the toilets are sitting up rather high (you don't have to bend down much to sit), but when you come home OH MY GOODNESS it seems a mile away and the bending down is very difficult So make sure you support yourself well before sitting. Those are my two cents. Be blessed!!
Unread 11-17-2007, 05:50 PM

Hello teleclark,

Well the first couple or runs my DH helped me. But after a while I just learned to do what I have always told my children not to do. I used the walls as a brace and support. You need to spread your legs as far as you can and do a balancing act, but it will work. You will find an easy way to do it. You learn to use your leg muscles more. I don't think you will need a walker, just take your time and don't rush it. It is truly getting better for me I promise !!!!
Unread 11-17-2007, 05:54 PM

cars...thanks for the quick reply.....my DH is wondering why I keep standing in the bathroom looking at the walls and toilet! I'm going to ask him to check on the towel bar and reinforce it. I'll be with him for two days and then on my own, so long as my knees hold up (questionable) then I'll be alright.

I'm so glad for you that it's coming along. I see you had a LSH which is what I originally was going to have but then she decided it would be best to do it the A way.....glad you ladies are here

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register