Surgery Nov 28th and falling apart | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Nov 28th and falling apart Surgery Nov 28th and falling apart

Unread 04-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Surgery Nov 28th and falling apart

Hello all...I am feeling better and have a pretty good day most days health wise. But emotionally i am a wreck. Everything gets on my nerves..I get on my nerves. Somethings cause me to almost have a panic attack. My husband thinks I hate him and doesn't understand why I am so miserable. He even made a remark that since I had surgery....he told me to go get divorce papers and he would sign them. I feel like alot of days I am better to stay away from eveyone and just sit home but then all I want to do is eat. Stuff I don't even like. I have always been ADD but handled it really well until lately...Help. Is anyone having issues like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Re: Surgery Nov 28th and falling apart

Hey hun I'm only 4wks out but I'm a wreck too. I cry all the time. I hate my body now and I feel gross. I am secretly jealous of my husbands endurance e and healthy body. I often wig out because my house isn't perfect. My hubby and I had a pretty amazing 12 yrs together and the last month has been hell In all honestly I can't see a bright future because I feel out side myself. I can't control this crap. I'm not helping you I know. I just want you to know your not alone. /:
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:30 PM

I am so sorry you feel like this. Please go see your dr. And have your hormone levels checked. Mabe there is something that can be done. Counceling may also be an option. Try and stay positive and try and talk to your husband, he may not understand what you are going through my thoughts and prayers are with you hugs and I know things will get better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2012, 11:30 PM

Did you keep your ovaries? You sound like you might be low estrogen. Please call your doctor and see if you can get a referral to an endocrinologist or a gyn that knows hormones. Hugs!
Unread 04-05-2012, 12:00 AM

still have my ovaries...thought that would make a difference.. endocrinologist my be a good idea...thanks so much...
Unread 04-05-2012, 12:30 AM

Hi. I had to go into therapy a few months after surgery because I was so nervous and could not figure out how to help myself with my 'new body.' DH kept telling me I was fine with weight gain, swollen abdomen etc but I wasn't. I can't take HRT because I had endo/ca but the therapy helped and talking to other women helped. Now 8 months post surgery I almost feel like myself....but different. Go talk to someone, take estrogen if you can
Hugs
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:35 AM

I'm 6 months post op and like I am a bit ADD and high strung. I just posted yesterday for the first time about panic attacks that have started to come monthly. I have my ovaries but doc says my FSH levels are within range. I have always handled stress well but something isn't right. The ladies here have been incredibly supportive and have reminded me that you to be you're own advocate. You know you better than anyone. I am taking meds for the moment until this passes but I will be seeking out a doc that specializes in hormones. Hang in there girl.
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:24 AM

Hormones... asap! Sending you hugs.
Unread 04-05-2012, 10:58 AM

Hormones! Hormones! Hormones!

I am only 4 weeks but my mother has dealt with this for 25 years. She was having days where she'd be watching TV and fine, then go to get a snack and end up standing in the kitchen suicidal and just wanting to die. Then 5 minutes later she was fine again. My mom is NOT a suicidal kind of person -ever! Adjusted her hormones and she was fine.

It's all about hormone levels - go to your doc. And you may consider seeing someone with your husband to help you both deal with what's going on.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register