experience of adenomyosis? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

experience of adenomyosis? experience of adenomyosis?

Unread 08-31-2004, 09:48 PM
experience of adenomyosis?

Hi all...after reading lots of girls stories...of severe pain cramping etc, I wonder at the moment why I am having this TVH in a week. I have a life history of very heavy periods, which have been getting worse for last 10 years (I'm 42)...I had a Mirena for 2 years which worked a wonder, but gave me acne...and the scars for life to bear! 1 week after having the Mirena removed, I fell pregnant (2 1/2 yrs ago) much to my surprise as I was supposed to be infertile. Anyway, recently (as the bleeding had been getting heavier and last time lasted 3 weeks) I had a ultrasound where they pronounced Adenomyosis with the cure being a tVH....I can accept that as ai don't really need my uterus anymore...but I havn't had any bleeding for a month now, my iron levels are just about back to normal I think, and I feel fine mainly. I know it will all come back...or could I suddenly have hit menopause? Surely not possible is it? Anyway I would be interested in others Adenomyosis stories.
xxvictoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2004, 07:54 AM

I don't have the cramping either, but I can hardly wait for my TVH! I've had really heavy bleeding for years. It doesn't last real long (2-3 days), but it's the why-bother-leaving-the-bathroom type. My periods are very irregular as well so planning around them is difficult. I travel quite a bit in my job and I've had too many unpleasant experiences.

I tried an ablation which slowed down the bleeding, but my uterus is enlarged to the point where it's pushing on my bladder and bowels. My back aches all the time too. I don't know for sure that there's a relation between the adeno and the back aches, but I know there can be. I've also read that there's a connection between adeno and having large babies. My first one was ten pounds and my second was nine.

If your only symptom is the heavy bleeding, maybe you should ask about an ablation first.

Sara
Unread 09-01-2004, 09:46 AM

I did have adenomyosis all through my uterus. I also had severe endo and adhesions.

I can only tell you that the reason I finally had the hyst is ONLY because I could no longer stand the constant 24/7 pain of it. I had to take narcotics every day just to be able to function, and that is no way to live. If I could have avoided it I would have, but I tried pretty much every alternative therapy I could think of, and nothing worked.

There is no cure for adenomyosis, except for a hysterectomy. However if there are other things going on with you, like endo then you really have to consider if it is worth it.

s
Northlights

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register