Post op groin pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op groin pain Post op groin pain

Unread 09-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Post op groin pain

I read an old post about post op pinching feeling in the groin area, and tried to reply. It said the post was too old to reply to so here goes...I am also enduring this pain. although instead of "pinching" I would say it's more like, well, imagine the feeling of your legs being in stir up for way too long and way too spread apart, then if you were punched in the groin or sqeezed - the way that would feel is what I'm having. My dr prescribed antibiotics at my 1 week post op visit last week, it took a week to get them because I had to wait for medicaid approval. I endured a fever up to 102.7 the first week after surgery. My groin, lower stomach just above the hairline, and my bottom feels very sore and bruised. My doctor and her nurse smiled and kind of chuckled like I was being silly when I tried to describe it. No reason for my pain was offered, she just made me feel like I was being a hypochondriac or something. I was feeling better but the last two days that "heavy" feeling is back. oh-before surgery the health department and then this private doctor both said I could have the hysterectomy or try something else, I was persistant, again and again telling them that something was wrong. At my post op we went over the pathology report which revealed that my uterus and one ovary were nearly doubled in size of what it should be. There was something wrong with a fallopian tube too but she said it all so fast and she kinda looked at me like I was wasting her time when i asked her to explain. so now I am taking 14 pills a day, and I still feel the pain. Hoping next week when I finish the antibiotics I will start feeling better.
Please, if any of you know what I'm talking about help me out- is there any relief or hope that this will go away? It hurts more when I sit, but i can't stand fro long, so I'm pretty much bed ridden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Re: Post op groin pain

I experienced the pinching feeling too, still do sometimes. Sitting was worse than standing or lying down. I found that I had to stand up a lot or I hurt too badly.

If you are not still experiencing fever or any other infection-type symptoms, then I would say it's probably OK. I have felt very strange pains, some sharp and felt like cramps, all along and I am just past 5 weeks.

Hang in there and know that pain can be a sign of healing too. Just don't do the things you are restricted from like lifting, driving, etc. until you are released.

Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register