Help bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help bleeding Help bleeding

Unread 02-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Help bleeding

Hi ladies , my surgery is in 24 days. 8 months ago I had an ablation to stop every day bleeding and it worked for that but still had heavy periods and bad pain . Now 4 days ago my every day bleeding started again. I got over my period 10 days before this bleeding started. My mom says endo can make this happen. I'm going to make an appointment to let the doctors know. Has anyone else ever had this happen ? It's very depressing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Re: Help bleeding

Seems like a lot of women on this sight report one last vengence call from their uterus before surgery. It's like it knows that its going down but, not without a fight. Their may be exceptions...but, in every case I've seen, if your bleeding on surgery day they do it anyway. These surgeries are scheduled far in advance (with most patients the victims of unpredictable bleeding) they are not going to wait until your uterus cooperates to reschedule....It's refusal to play nice is what brings us all hear in the first place.
Unread 02-17-2014, 08:48 PM

I had "unscheduled" bleeding that started the week before surgery. It was shortly after my regular period and was heavier than I had ever had - I never thought that was possible. Since it wasn't stopping my doctor put me on progesterone 2 days before surgery and that stopped it enough to have the surgery. I was critically anemic and so thankful for this surgery. Don't be surprised if after surgery you feel tired longer than other people recovering. It's okay, your body is also trying to recover from the anemia (if you have it). I am 8 months post on the 19th and feel great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2014, 09:33 PM

I did not have an ablation, but I did have endo. In the months leading up to my surgery, it seemed that I bled almost randomly. It could be endo, but there are other conditions that can cause that as well. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:53 PM

My bleeding was caused by excessive lining growth in my uterus cause by my fibroid growing in the wall of my uterus. Had my TVH 12/18/13 and NO bleeding at all!!!! Better days are ahead for you!!
Unread 02-18-2014, 02:56 PM

I had 21 day period leading into my surgery. I was bleeding so heavy I wore a diaper that day (wearing diapers for periods was normal for me) I also tried to reschedule my surgery thinking they wouldn't possibly operate like that. My doctor assured me that it was more normal than not and that is why most people end up having this done is due to non-stop bleeding. As long as my platelets didn't get too low my surgery would go as planned and it did. I can't tell you the relief to not have to change 2 overnight pads and a diaper every 30 minutes for 21 days a month. I also had Endo and Adeno with fibroids and cysts. Good luck to you
Unread 02-18-2014, 03:49 PM

Thank you ladies!! It seems my uterus has a mind of its own and knows it's getting evicted soon . The bleeding is terrible but it's weird not very heavy seems to start up at 4 every day starts by coming out in my urine. It's terrible how much some of you ladies were bleeding!!! It's very annoying and I'm going to make an apointment just to see what they say and to let them know about it. My date is coming up quickly and I need to get everything ready !!! I even have to buy a new bed. I'm nervous but also excited at the thought of not having these issues anymore. Hope you are all healing well and feeling better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register