I am having a painful problem-wondering of anyone else went through this - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am having a painful problem-wondering of anyone else went through this I am having a painful problem-wondering of anyone else went through this

Unread 07-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Re: I am having a painful problem-wondering of anyone else went through this

thanks I am feeling better, so far no pain pills today. I go back to work on Saturday. I see the gastro doc in 2 weeks, and then the tests that follow with that. THEN if they find nothing a trip to talk to the general surgeon. I am not looking forward to any of this. Poor hubby he thinks I am terrified of sex now (that position YES, it will probably never happen again, I can say that) and right now all sex is not on the top of my list to be honest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Lolli,
All I can say is that I am soooo sorry you are going through this! It is dispicable! It is for this reason alone, I will continue my enlistment in the Army until retirement.
My two week milestone is tomorrow, so sex is still very much out of the question (although I keep thinking about it!). But I have VERY similar questions that you do - will I be able to utilize the same positions? What positions won't I be able to use? I know the "average" male is 6.5"....what if my partner is much larger than that? Will I tear my vaginal cuff (I had my cervix removed)? EEK!
Once again, I am so sorry. I wish the system were different.
Unread 07-27-2009, 08:09 AM

Frog-thank you for your post! I am better now, both of my doctors think that I have adhesions, and that is what was hurting me so much. To make you feel better, every other positiion I have ever done is fine, it was just that ONE, so don't have too much worries that things will be different in that dept (in my opinion). My husband is not average size and yes there is stretching involved which will feel weird and slightly uncomfortable for awhile, but as far as the cuff and the cervix being removed nothing changed with me. So you are 2 weeks out-how are you feeling? Did you have it done abdominally or laproscopically?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2009, 10:08 AM

Lolli,
I had a TAH. Prioir to that, though, I had adhesions. I had them removed Laproscopically (can you make that an adjective?). They were from a previsous surgery to my cervix. The adhesions were bad enough to bind several organs to my stomach wall; and the pain was excrutiating! especially when I ran. So I understand what you are going through. Usually, I am NOT a good patient, and tend to over do it. My doc told me if I did not take it easy after the TAH, I could get adhesions again...soooo....I have been doing my best to not over do it. It is leading to butt grooves in the couch and heaps of boredom (I feel SOOOO lazy!), but I am sticking to doctor's orders.
As for you, adhesions can be removed by laproscopy, which I think you have had before. BUT just be VERY careful afterwards, so that new ones do not form! You have to pay for all that on your own? I hope you are doing MUCH better!
Unread 07-27-2009, 10:26 AM

My husband is unemployed now so we are on COBRA for 800 bucks a month. That lasts until December, so if I need to have surgery to remove the adhesions, I need to get that done soon. Luuckilly if I do need the surgery it will cost me 250.00 and that's it-but next month they are sending me to a gastro doctor for a colonoscopy (another 250 bucks), so it's all very hard right now to swing financially.
Unread 07-27-2009, 10:45 AM

I had 2 colonoscopies (they lost the results of the first one....I was stationed in Germany and had it done at a German hospital - what did I expect?!?). These were done in an effort to diagnose my pelvic pain. They, of course, found nothing, as there was no gastro-intestinal cause of my pelvic pain. Why are they doing a colonoscopy, if I may ask? Are you sure it is necessary?
Unread 07-27-2009, 02:38 PM

they are basically doing the colonoscopy to rule out any intestinal issues as the cause of my pain. They say it is the first step in all of this?
Unread 07-27-2009, 07:48 PM

I just read this, and I am sorry you are going through so much pain. I just wanted to tell you that if you are still in pain, you can go to the ER even if you do not have the money. They CAN NOT deny you treatment; that is the law. Anyway, I realize you wrote this few days ago, so I hope that you feel better .

ballerina1
Unread 07-27-2009, 09:13 PM

They can not deny you treatment but don't they still send you a bill? I went there the other day thinking I was covered & I own them $325 now. I am guessing they have something in place if you can't pay it? I am just curious now because I always thought it was good to go there. Obviously if you are in that much pain you go & worry about money later. Hope all is well.
Unread 07-28-2009, 05:45 AM

Lolli,

I hope that things are better for you now and nothing is damaged. I hope your husband and you will be able to work it out. I was in a way glad to read your topic (although I am so sorry for your pain and distress) because having sex again is one of my bigger worries.

Last week when I had my first internal exam prior to radiaton I was told I had a very short vagina left after surgery and that radiation could mean that having sex would become more difficult.
I am wondering what positions we will be able to do...
So thank you for you openness. It takes a lot of courage!

One other thing !
I am on this website because of the support and the wonderful information! That is absolutely wonderful, because I cannot get the same information on websites here in The Netherlans (at least: I haven't found them yet).

However, I am so shocked when I read that you cannot go to an ER unless you pay upfront! What I know about the healthcaresystem in the USA shocks me; and I am really glad we have a system where everybody gets emergency treatment, whether they were able to pay or not! I live in the Netherlands, so our healthcare system is different than in US. We are obliged to have a basic healtinsurance and if our income is low, some of the insurance money is returned thru taxes.
I even get some of my homeopathic medicines (I am using mistletoe for instance) refunded.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register