2nd month of lupron and bleeding! In alot of pain! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2nd month of lupron and bleeding!  In alot of pain! 2nd month of lupron and bleeding! In alot of pain!

Unread 04-21-2010, 12:58 PM
2nd month of lupron and bleeding! In alot of pain!

So I am now almost 3 weeks into the lupron treatment and today I just started bleeding and I am having intense pain in my pelvic area, mostly over the right ovary area and back. After the the first injection I didn't have my period. Is this normal and if so why would I have a period now and not a month ago when i was suppose to, it isn't even my time of the month! And the pain is excrutiating!!! Some one please help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Re: 2nd month of lupron and bleeding! In alot of pain!

just to fix an error I meant to say 3 weeks into my 2nd injection.
Unread 04-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Stephanie,

Call your doc. If you are bleeding heavily and having more pain you should let your doc know. I had bleeding well into my second month of Lupron but it didn't get worse, stayed about the same as in the past and no new pain.

Let us know what your doc says.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2010, 08:41 PM

So I called my Doctor today and spoke to his nurse. I told her about my symptoms and that this is the first time in 2 and a half months that I have had bleeding. It is not heavy but it started out as spotting and is now a bright red color, and getting heavier. The nurse said that any kind of bleeding during treatment is not normal and that she was sure doc will want to see me, so I have an appointment scheduled for tommorow at 2pm. I am pretty scared as I'm sure you can imagine. I have to go alone and I really wish I just had somebody to bring me to this.
Unread 04-21-2010, 08:48 PM

I also had bleeding in my second month of Lupron. The doctor told me that breakthrough bleeding was sometimes normal, that it could take up to three months for the periods to stop, I didn't have a heavy period, but was in severe pain over my right ovary. Good luck with the Lupron shot, it was not a good thing for me i had too many side effects and it didn't work...... But as the doctor pointed out to me everyone is different.....
Unread 04-21-2010, 08:52 PM

Mystical,
thanks for sharing your experience it helps to put me at ease, but I guess I'm still confused as to why the nurse told me that any kind of bleeding was not normal??? I have the appt scheduled for tommorow, but wondering if I should keep it??? I just don't want to drive for half an hour to be told that it is completely normal when the nurse said it wasn't.
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:02 PM

I don't know... Yours may be different from what I had, I bled the second month and the fifth month, both though were really light, both times I called the nurse and made an appointment, I would keep the appointment and just make sure that what is going on with you is normal. Each doctor I have found out has different opinions to what they think normal should be... So where my doctor says yes it's normal, another may say absolutely not.... I'm actually thinking now I should have had a second opinion just to see if my doctor actually knew what he was talking about...
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:12 PM

I will keep my appointment then. Thank you for your responses and I will let you know how things turn out. Much love
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:19 PM

Good Luck, You will be in my thoughts and prayers
Unread 04-22-2010, 11:36 AM

I hope your appt goes well. I had four months of Lupron. I had three periods. The first one was by far the worst. the rest were not as painful as a normal one but they lated 10-13 days. I had a second opinion with a gyno/oncologist and he told me he did not think the Lupron was strong enough for me and that is why I was getting a period. Of course my day is tomorrow and Aunt Flow is refusing to go away without a fight. I hope everything works our for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register