need more pain meds 5 days post hysterectomy. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need more pain meds 5 days post hysterectomy. need more pain meds 5 days post hysterectomy.

Unread 04-20-2014, 08:34 PM
need more pain meds 5 days post hysterectomy.

The doctor only have me four days of pain medicine. I am hurting so bad I am also on 800.ibuprofen 3 times.a day. I had a tlsh with bso with prolapse. Is it normal to,need more.meds do I need to make another appt or what do I need to,do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2014, 08:47 PM
need more pain meds 5 days post hysterectomy.

I'm new here so I don't know all of the abbreviations but I had laparoscopic hysterectomy on the 15th. Took everything except right ovary. I just ran out of Percocet. Luckily I had Norco leftover from before surgery. I will be calling my Dr tomorrow to get more. The Percocet doesn't even last the 4 hours its supposed to so hopefully I can get something better. I think they're only allowed to give 30 pills at a time since its a narcotic, so definitely call and get more.
Unread 04-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Re: need more pain meds

Everyone is different, call your OB if you need more and to discuss your pain. I know some sisters have had issues with their Dr's not allowing more pain meds when they ran out. I am 4 weeks out and had to take one of my Norco last night for the first time since 2 weeks and am thinking about doing it again tonight. I also have Percocet as well...seriously have an entire pharmacy over on my counter. Make sure you keep on the Colace while on the stronger meds, the constipation pain can be worse than surgery pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2014, 10:34 PM

I needed more pain meds as well and my Obgyn refused a refill so I had to go to my family Dr to get another prescription.
Unread 04-20-2014, 11:38 PM

Oh boy sounds encouraging lol
Unread 04-21-2014, 12:23 AM

Don't hesitate to ask for more pain meds if you really need them. Some doctors are hesitant to preacribe lots as some patients don't need them. Most will provide one refill. Just be honest and descdie your pain. Chances are that you will be given more. The problem stems from the drug seekers, but you have just had a serious surgery so they likely won't see you that way.
Unread 04-21-2014, 05:13 AM
Re: need more pain meds 5 days post hysterectomy.

Unfortunately, some doctors are very stingy when it comes to prescriptions for pain. I know that mine was. Thankfully, for me, I was okay without a lot.
If you are in pain, I would call back and insist, and if not go to your GP.
Unread 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM

I have a appt today. I also am having bad pain a few inches away from my incisions and my Balder Hurts after I empty it
Unread 04-21-2014, 10:38 AM

My bladder hurts a lot after I empty it too. I thought it was normal?
Unread 04-21-2014, 02:23 PM

Bladder pain after emptying may or may or may not be normal depending on several things, mostly on how much it was aggravated and on whether you have IC. If it hurts (a lot) then you should let your doctor know. Some pain can be expected though. If you are worried, then ask your doc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register