Surgey In Four Daysand Worried | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgey In Four Daysand Worried Surgey In Four Daysand Worried

Unread 10-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Surgey In Four Daysand Worried

my surgey is in four days .iam scared and i know it is normal, iam getting a vag hystwith lap.my dr.says it is less painful than ab hyst ???he says that he will be taking everything .if thats the case how can hurt less??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2004, 01:31 PM
hi

Hi Dodie,
My hysterectomy was done vaginally also...from what I understand, an abdominal hysterectomy can mean a little more difficult and longer recovery, and of course there is the incision to deal with; the pain may be more involved, too, than a vaginal. I am not an expert, but I was glad they were able to do it vaginally to avoid an incision.
I had surgery a little over two weeks ago and I totally understand your fears. I had a bladder fix, too (sling) and personally that caused me more trouble than the hysterectomy! I kept my ovaries.
You will be in my prayers. You'll be OK! Let us know how you are doing!
LCP
Unread 10-01-2004, 01:37 PM

I TOLD THE DR ASLONG AS I FEEL BETTER DO WHAT HE HAS TO DO . IHAVE A TUMOR THE SIZE OF A PEACH ON MY UTERUS,AND BOTH OF MY OVAIRES ARE COVERED WITH TUMORS.SO HOW HE COULD DO IT THAT WAY ? THANKS :confuse:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2004, 01:43 PM

Hi Dodieann i had a abd hysterectomy last year i had a tumour the size of a grapefruit on my ovary it had ruptured the ovary. I had everything removed to prevent any cancer cells growing i also had a course of carboplatin chemo. T HE OP WAS NOT THAT BAD I JUST FELT SO TIRED FOR weeks after i am now in remission and doing fine. Hope everything goes okay good luck , kedge
Unread 10-01-2004, 01:44 PM

Hey Dodie,
I'm right there with you but I am so anxious to get this over with & on the road to recovery that I don't care how much it hurts. It's just something we have to go through & we will be so much better when we are on the other side. We will be just fine, I know it!
Unread 10-01-2004, 01:53 PM

I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YHE ANSWERS AND SUPPORT . WE WILL ALL MAKE IT AND BE RUNNING AROUND BEFORE WE KNOW IT.
Unread 10-01-2004, 02:28 PM

I had a TVH 16 days ago and although am a little sore I feel a whole lot better. I cried the night before surgery because I was afraid just as you are, but things worked out

You will be in my prayers.

D
Unread 10-01-2004, 02:38 PM

I HAVE CRIED FOR THE LAST THREE DAYS.WHY?I DONT KNOW BUT I HAVE. MY DH ASKED ME IF I WAS O.K AND I STARTED TO CRY. HE JUST HOLDS ME UNTIL IAM DONE.
Unread 10-01-2004, 02:44 PM

I had a TVH on July 12. He took everything - I had multiple tumors and huge fibroids. I am so glad that I had it done vaginally. I only needed two weeks off from work!! My experience was great and let me tell ya... the freedom you'll have once you recover is AWESOME!!! I'm on HRT now and am having no problems at all!! (I'm 41) Good Luck with yours!!
Michelle
Unread 10-01-2004, 02:50 PM

IAM GLAD EVERYTHING WORKED OUT FOR YOU .WAS THERE ALOT OF PAIN YOU WOKE UP IN RECOVERY?? KEEP IN TOUCH AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING>

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register