Scheduled TLH Upcoming hysterectomy 9/16: Abdominal binder ? Do I need one ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 9/16: Abdominal binder ? Do I need one ? Upcoming hysterectomy 9/16: Abdominal binder ? Do I need one ?

Unread 09-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 9/16: Abdominal binder ? Do I need one ?

Hello ladies ,

I'm having my preop appt on Tuesday ( sept 13) & my surgery is scheduled for Friday the 16th. I'm trying to get everything I need ready ( house cleaned , groceries , etc) & I saw that a lot of y'all used abdominal binders. I have mine from my tummy tuck & I couldn't live without it then . Ha ha . Do I really need it for my hysterectomy ? What are y'alls opinions on binders ?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2016, 04:52 PM
Re: Abdominal binder ? Do I need one ?

Never had one, never used one, never wanted one. I had an abdominal hysterectomy with a 7" vertical incision.

Since you've got one on hand already, I'd suggest getting it out and having it handy. If your body feels like the binder would be useful, give it a go. :-)
Unread 09-10-2016, 04:55 PM

I got one in the hospital after my hysterectomy and it really helps it helped give me more support I really do recommend it see and check with your doctor to see if you will get one after surgery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2016, 05:08 PM

Im definitely going to ask him on Tuesday . He seems to be up on his info . He even told me to come here to hyster sisters.
Unread 09-10-2016, 05:08 PM

I have a binder and use it a lot. it gives you support while you are walking. I suggest you try it if you have pain while walking especially the first couple of days after surgery. Best wishes.
Unread 09-10-2016, 06:05 PM

I woke up from tah wearing one. My incision is 8 to 9 inches vertical and I wear the binder all the time when up and walking.
Unread 09-10-2016, 07:04 PM

I asked the doc about it, and he didn't really think I needed one. He was right. I didn't want anything to to touch my incision sites and that included the binder. I didn't feel that I needed the support either.
Unread 09-10-2016, 08:22 PM

I have mine, I wear it when I drive. I totally love it. I have a horizontal abdominal incision. Get the binder!!!!!
Unread 09-11-2016, 01:01 AM

Thanks for asking this. I've been wondering about binders myself. We don't have a lot of cash so I'd hate to waste the money but is also hate to want one and not have it.
Unread 09-11-2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Jam View Post
Thanks for asking this. I've been wondering about binders myself. We don't have a lot of cash so I'd hate to waste the money but is also hate to want one and not have it.
I was in a similar position re: cash. I dug around a bit and discovered that the Walmart three miles away has binders. My upstairs neighbour had offered to run errands if necessary, so I decided that I'd skip buying a binder ahead of time. If I found I needed one afterwards, I figured I could ask her to go to Walmart and get me one.

As it turned out, I never needed one.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register