I have an appointment (LOL!)What are you doing today? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have an appointment (LOL!)What are you doing today? I have an appointment (LOL!)What are you doing today?

Unread 08-20-2005, 09:47 AM
I have an appointment (LOL!)What are you doing today?

Well the boredom is here--for sure! As I sit on the front porch the neighbors are cutting there grass. There's a good bit of traffic out for my road. The weather is beautiful and I sit here with a catheter strapped to by leg and still not allowed to have a tub bath or drive. My mom has stayed here for about 1 1/2 weeks, she stayed at her house last night. (My dad is a truck driver and is in town).

I am lonely. So I call my wonderful little sister (shes 21) and ask her to come over and do my fingernails and toenails! OF course it will be several hours because it takes her forever to get ready but she is coming over!! WOO HOO----I get company.

Whats everyone else doing today?

Oh yeah and I have less than 48 hours left before I see the urologist to see if my bladder is healed.

GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 09:54 AM

What happen to your bladder. I had a bladder infection and it still hurts when I urinate. I am done my leviquin. Last night I had a pain in my back around my waistline. I'm thinking it is my kidney. When I urinate I can barely start and I never fully empty. Good luck and have fun. I'm going to be sitting in bed and doing nothing for the 3rd straight weekend.
Unread 08-20-2005, 10:02 AM

I have "holes" in my bladder that apparently happened when they were separating the uterus from the bladder. A urologist had to come in and repair the holes. So I came home with a catheter which prevents the bladder from ever being full which helps in the bladder healing.

Enojoy your weekend in bed!!! I wish I was tired.

GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 10:03 AM

I am just 5 days post op Sooooo.... here I am sitting at home and already bored. How am I possiblly going to do this for several more weeks. My DH is taking care of the kids and they are getting ready to go do something so at least if I do feel like resting I will be able to. Hope you have a good visit with your sister. I may call my mom. Hope all in recovery have a great weekend. Angela
Unread 08-20-2005, 10:05 AM

Sorry to hear about the holes. I hope you continue to heal. Don't forget to rest and don't do too much too soon. Have a lovely weekend.
Unread 08-20-2005, 10:35 AM

Hang in there! I had to come home with a catheter strapped to my leg too. I had a bladder tack and the Dr. gave me a supra-pubic catheter......had a line coming out of my abdomen with an on/off valve. The catheter failed and had to come home with a foley. And the hole where the supra-pubic was leaked for 2 days in the hospital. But they finally took the foley out 4th day home from hospital and it took me days to pee on my own without lots of trips to the potty, trying to relax and self-straight catheing to releive bladder fullness.

And today, well not doing much, been on here visiting all of you and am thinking I need to go take a nap. DH's shop is open half day today and he will be home soon. Say's he's gonna cook his famous (self acclaimed there ) fajita's for a late lunch. Take care GA, have a beautiful weekend.

Theresa
Unread 08-20-2005, 11:10 AM

GA, I hear where you're coming from!! If I lived closer, I'd be there in a minute to keep you company! I sit here on my couch with my foot elevated & iced (3 weeks post op from foot surgery). My foot is swollen and my toes look like snausages!! I was finally able to take a shower 2 days ago (foot couldn't get wet up until then)!It's a beautiful day here today and I can't even walk across the road to get the mail! My dh and father took my 3 boys to the mall for "back to school" clothes shopping! I must say, I'm not sad about missing that event! DH & dad will come home, unload the things they bought and will then be heading to the Bills/Packers football game. So the company I get to keep for remainder of the day is my 3 sons. Oh my, I ache for some adult conversation!!! As I said, GA.....I'd be there in a heartbeat if I lived closer! Hang in there, better days ARE ahead!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register