How many days in Hospital? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many days in Hospital? How many days in Hospital?

Unread 11-18-2007, 04:14 PM
How many days in Hospital?

I am having a partial on Wed Nov 28 I am really nervous. I have had several surgeries as I have had Endometrosis for about 10 years but this one is really scaring me? Any advice and comfort would be awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 04:26 PM

Hi and welcome!

How long you will be in the hospital depends on what type of surgery you are having. Laparascopic assisted vaginal is not as invasive as abdominal, so generally you're looking at a day or two for LAVH and two to five depending on complexity for TAH. Total recovery time can be anywhere from three to six weeks, during which you are going to be restricted from a lot of activities like driving and lifting.

Do you know what exactly is scaring you? There's lots of ladies here who can help you if you have specific concerns you want to address.
Unread 11-18-2007, 04:30 PM

i was in the hospital for 48 hours. it really depends on what type of surgery you have.
waiting is very hard...i know so much goes through your mind. i'm sure everything will go perfect for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 05:58 PM

I had a TAH on a Tuesday morning and went home on Thursday morning.
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:36 PM

I had a TAH vertical and went home the third day. I felt good about the
abdominal because the doc could get a better look at everything.
The idea of a catheter and iv made me more nervous than anything. The iv turned out to be a snap and the cath went in after I was asleep. it came out while the meds were in effect and I felt nothing.
Alot of our fears are needless in the end. I'm sure you will be in good hands and end up like me, wondering what all the worry was about!
Let us know how it goes. We're right here.
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:50 PM

first of all, don't be scared! this is coming from a woman who wasted way too much time and energy on being afraid. the anticipation of the surgery was much worse than anything i have experienced so far. i had a SAH and left the hospital almost exactly 48 hrs after the surgery. i had never been in the hospital before. my surgeon was great and the hospital staff was excellent. as far as catheters, IV's , etc., everything goes in after you are asleep and you don't feel any of it coming out. not even the staples. after leaving the recovery room, i have not felt the need for anything stronger than 800 mg of motrin. i am 17 days post op and feel so much better than i thought i would at this point. i feel that i could drive and do light housework, but i am so glad i found this site and am listening to everyone's advice. i am taking care of myself and everything else can wait until i feel better. i hope this helps you. let me know if you have any other questions. good luck on the 28th. just relax, you'll be fine
Unread 11-18-2007, 07:15 PM

I have had 2 abdominal c-sections and they are just going to open that back up if it is possible but they may do the vaginal it is just a waiting game. I am basically scared everytime to be put under~does anyonw know how long they put you under for?

Thanks for all the help it is great to have people to talk to!
Unread 11-18-2007, 07:54 PM

i think it depends on what they have to do. i went under sometime between 1 and 2 pm and my surgery lasted approximately 2 1/2 hrs. i remember when i woke up, the clock said 5:30. i may have woken up earlier, but that is the first i remember.
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:17 PM

I was able to go home day after surgery. I was up/walking, tolerating liquids (mostly) & no complications. Depends on type of surgery though & the Dr.
Unread 11-18-2007, 09:09 PM

I had my surgery on Thursday and went home on Saturday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register