Surgeons visit... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgeons visit... Surgeons visit...

Unread 07-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Surgeons visit...

did not go welll went in hoping for DCIS came out with stge2 Breast ca..thanks for your prayers girls guess I dodged the uterine bullet but have been blind sided by the breast ..will be starting Chemo in2 weeks for 6 months and then double mx.

please pray there is no mets,just went for us and xray this am tommorrow bone test more prayers please.

Colleen i will pm as soon as i am done here.

much love

cheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Re: Surgeons visit...

Cheryl, you will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. My mother was recently declared cancer-free after just over a year battle with stage 4 of the most aggressive type of breast cancer!! She will be 75 next month. Best of luck to you. Please keep us updated. I have added you to my prayer list!!
Unread 07-15-2009, 08:23 AM

cheryl...sending prayers now for no mets and for you to go through all those tests without too much discomfort. you're young and fit with a wonderful family...everything is in your favour. i'm sure there are others here on this website that have gone through what you are about to, so you will get some good advice and encouragement. let us know how the tests turn out. we're all thinking of you and sending prayers and positive thoughts. take care.
colleen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2009, 09:27 AM

Cheryl,
Sending prayers that your tests turn out well and your treatment goes by quickly.
Stage 2 breastc has a high cure rate, and your healthy lifestyle is in your favor for a very good prognosis.
Take care and God bless!
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:12 AM

So sorry to hear your diagnosis - sending lots of prayers your way.

Blessings,
M
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:13 AM

Cheryl: Bless your heart..looked one way and blindsided the other. My daughter had stage 3 c bc at 33...she had 6 mo double dose chemo, 36 rounds of rad and a double mastectomy/hysterectomy. It was a long year but we are in year 5 now...she's my HERO going thru this endo cancer thing. If she can do that I can do this I hope with as much grace as she did. I pray things are contained and that treatment will lesson the affects of this xxvv disease. Make sure they give you steriods before chemo...or some type of pre pill...Karen didn't get hers and it made things rougher than it needed to be but no one knew to ask...I'm just trying to give you a head up on that point> I'll think of you as I do all who post and help here. God is ever present with us even when we can'at track him...don't forget that.
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:35 AM

Sending prayers your way. My sister is 7 years well after her BRCA, chemo and radiation and I hope for the same good results for you.

Another sister and I participate in the National Institutes of Health's Sister Study to help find a cure for BRCA. I just received their newsletter which discusses their study that confirms the importance of a healthy lifestyle, so as another Hystersister says, you have that going for you.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Unread 07-15-2009, 09:37 PM

Oh wow, how awful to be blindsided this way. The very same thing happened to a good friend of mine, in 1993. She had the same treatment as you, including the double mastectomy, and 2 brand new, beautiful, breasts. She's been completely fine since then. You will be too, you just have to get through this difficult time and treatment.

Hugs,
Janie
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:08 PM

(((Cheryl)))

Sending hugs and prayers your way!! You kicked the beast's butt before -- we know you can do it again!!

monami
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:46 PM

Oh Cheryl, not what you (or us!!!) wanted to hear! Have you not been through enough worry? I know you feel like you've been hit by a Mack Truck...but you will get through this and will soon be on the road to healing. hang in there...you can do this!

Have you discovered the breast health forum here? https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=224

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register