Approved for surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Approved for surgery Approved for surgery

Unread 02-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Approved for surgery

I received a letter from my insurance co. today informing me I was approved for 2 days in the hospital for my SAH. 2 days?? I am scheduled for Mar. 8 (my choice) due to a convention I am going to and our 30 wedding anniversary on Mar.1. For DH sake I hope I am in the mood for one last hurrah before surgery!! I keep reading that the waiting is the worst. I'm having bad headaches and migraines and hope that I will be lucky and the migraines will go along with my uterus and all the rest. I'm having a lot of right sided pain very low that radiates to my back and deep inside towards the middle and that crampy low backache but no bleeding now for about 5 days. I feel very fatigued but am not sleeping well, weepy at times . Everyone at work says a hyst is no big deal but it is to me so I feel like I can't talk about it. So I'm venting here!! DH took me shopping and I bought new slippers, jammies and robe and they were all 70% off. That was fun and took my mind off of things for awhile. Pre ops hang in there with me! Post ops, Follow the rules and heal quickly! Thank you all for this site. Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Approved for surgery

Hi Cindy!

It's great to hear you had a productive shopping adventure -- I think I speak for all of us when I say that the words "70% off" stir our emotions!

Because you are a nurse, you know that a hysterectomy is a big deal! So, if your co-workers are laboring under the mistaken belief that it's a trivial operation...remember that you can come here, because we know better!

Many s and Best Wishes!
Unread 02-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Approved for surgery

Hi Cindy,
We both have the same surgery date, March 8. I was surprised as well when my dr. said that I would only be in the hospital for 2 days. I have had 2 c-sections (1986, 1988) and stayed in the hospital for 4 days each time. I am nervous about surgery but having had surgery before (had my appendix out 1974 too) I have a better idea as to what to expect. I put surgery off for a year because I didn't like my dr. He was an old guy with no bedside manner whatsoever. I found a new dr that I like very much. Now that I have decided to have the surgery I want it done NOW! When I saw him this past Wednesday I was disappointed that I had to wait a month. Oh boy, I get to have another period before surgery. Glad I didn't throw the tampons away. For some reason all of my pains and problems seem worse to me now. I guess it is because I can't seem to stop thinking about them and the surgery. What a nice idea to get new slippers, robe, etc. I keep thinking about what to wear home from the hospital - sorry, castle. I need to go out and get some comfy sweat pants. Jeans, even if not tight probably wouldn't feel good against an incision. Plus it seems that our bellys get swelly. I already look 4 months pregnant as it is. Anyway, just know that you are not alone in your feelings. Isn't this site great?! I find myself looking at it several times a day now. Can't seem to help myself. Hang in there. March 8th will be here before we know it. Lainie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Approved for surgery

Hi, that 70% off sounds great to me too. I love it when I find bargains like that!

Don't worry too much about having insurance approval for 2 days. I think that's pretty normal. Hopefully you'll do great and be ready to go home by then. I was preapproved for 2 days for my tah/bso. I had a few problems and ended up staying a couple of extra days. My dr sent a note explaining why I had to stay and it was covered by my insurance

Best wishes.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register