I'm so glad I asked... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm so glad I asked... I'm so glad I asked...

Unread 11-12-2002, 04:53 PM
I'm so glad I asked...

I am having TAH with cervix and ovaries removed, plau bladder sling, alll done on 11-27-02. I saw GYN 2 weeks ago, and asked lots of questions, including about doing the bladder sling for incontence (spelling?) He told me he usually has a Urologist come in and do that when he's done with the hyster. He had his nurse call and schedule the appt. for me for 11-15-02.
So, nerveous nelly that I am, decided to call Uro. and ask what to expect Friday. I was told that because I was a new patient, I would only have to give a urine sample and will have a consult with the Dr. I told her that the reason my Gyn.'s office called to schedule this was so that I could have the bladder sling done the same time as my surgery, on the 27th. She said will since your a new patient and we had to squeaze you into the schedule,the dr. won't be doing anything other than the consult at my first appt.
I was so freaked out, I just wanted to scream at that lady, okay I can't write here what I wanted to say, but anyway.
I called and left a message for my Gyn.'s nurse and told her everything that took place on the phone with Uro. office, and that I was freaking out because I was afraid that they would postpone my surgery date.
When the nurse called me back, she said that my Gyn called the Uro and explained what he needed to have done for me and that he needed it ALL done on Friday. And she said not to worry everything was going to be done and my date would not change.
Thank God.
I know I am sometimes anal about making sure everything that needs to done, is done on time, I drive my family nuts about that, but I also know that the more you know, the better chance that everything will go according to plans, which is also why I called my insurance to make sure I was precertified for surgery, my dr. hadn't done it yet.
Sorry to ramble on so much, I think I need a drink to calm down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2002, 05:58 PM
I'm so glad I asked...

Dee, here's the you requested.

Wow, that's some story. I wouldn't call you anal but instead you pay great attention to detail and it's a good thing you did in this case.

Now that you know everything will work out sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Unread 11-12-2002, 07:08 PM
I'm so glad I asked...

Hi Dee, seems to me that it's a good thing that you pay attention to detail. I'm glad that you made them do what's right for you.Good luck and please keep us informed
s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2002, 07:22 PM
I'm so glad I asked...

Hi Dee,

I had almost the same experience. I had a consult with the urologist and was scheduled for urodynamic testing yesterday. Last Wednesday, my gyn's office told me that the urologist's office called to say that no one on their staff was available for my December hyst date or any other time in December. Not wanting to change my date, I was planning to opt-out of the urology part of the surgery. But yesterday I was finally able to get the urologist herself on the phone. She made a few calls to my PCP and gyn, firmed up the date, and adjusted her schedule to accommodate my 12/12 surgery. So I went in for the testing (which wasn't too bad at all) and the result is a bladder sling for me.

Good luck with the testing and your surgery!

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register