STILL no surgery date?!!?!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

STILL no surgery date?!!?!? STILL no surgery date?!!?!?

Unread 09-19-2007, 05:15 AM
STILL no surgery date?!!?!?

I need to rant!
I am getting a little frustrated! I have been waiting for this since the end of July.
First, it was a rather dificult decision to make in the first place, so I was a little down about it. Then I read about the possibility of having a tummy tuck at the same time, so I became hopeful. Then in researching more on the actual hyst, I began reading about having to take out the ovaries because of endo and HRT and menopause, and ...ARGHHH - I got scared and worried! Then hubbie sold his motorcycle to pay for the TT at the same time so I started interviewing PS and found one that I like and is accomidating to work with my wonderful URL/GYN, so I got excited again! By now, my boss is breathing down my neck to schedule to surgery so I will be back at work by mid-November, so I start stressing. My URL/GYN scheduling co-ordinator keeps telling me I am almost at the top of the list and the Dr is very popular and busy, so she will call me AS SOON as she is ready to schedule me, so I calm down and try to take my mind off this. Last week the scheduling co-ordinastor told me they (?) have suspended scheduling for my Dr until further notice...WHAT?!?, to call back sometime this week when she should know more. Now I'm stressed again, thinking I've met my $1000 deductable for the year, I don't know what I will do if I have to wait til next year for this! MORE monthly cycles to endure! I think most people have NO IDEA what I go through each month, and it's not contained to just my flow days... I called the scheduling coordinator today and she said the Dr's contract is up with our health group, so he is renegotiating his contract...what the heck does that mean for me?
Should I just cut my ties with him and start looking for another Dr? He is one of the best in the state. My PS has already sgreed to do surgery with him, so looking for another Dr means also having to find one that will work with my PS. Can I even find one that will take all the tests and exams my Dr did and just do the D@#^ surgery already, or will it take another 6 months for him/her to re-diagnose me?
At this point I am so emotionally drained from all this. I am having another episode of pains (endo) and my incontinence is never ceasing (I was soooo looking forward to not wearing peotection everyday), and my monthly will be here in a week and a half - then it's h3!! until that's over... Not to even mention all the mood swings!! OMG I don't even think I could live with myself, my poor teenagers!
Somebody PLEASE tell me this is a normal part of the "waiting is the worst part" or that my mood swings are just intensifying all this...
BAWHHHHHHH
OK, *sniff*, I guess I'm done for now. Thanks for listening.
Rose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2007, 05:48 AM

Girl, I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! My surgery isn't until October 22nd. When I scheduled I asked for the first thing available (That was over a week ago)! The waiting is just about making me CRAZY! I feel half the time like I'm going to have a freaking panic attack, the other half the time like I want to cry, and all of the time like I want to run and hide from all of this! It really stinks. I'm becoming JEALOUS of the women who are now post-op, I just want to get this over with!!!

That being said, if you like your doctor, trust him/her, then wait. Tell your boss there is nothing you can do about it, that you are doing your best to "hurry up and schedule", but it's out of your hands. Tough tooties for the boss, I say!! This is about YOU and what's best for YOU. If you're getting towards the top of the list, by the time you see another doctor or two and get scheduled, your wait time could be even longer anyway.........

Remember to breathe..........I keep reminding myself so I don't hyperventilate!!! It WILL all work out the way it's supposed to.

Take care and don't let any of them push you around!!

Keep us posted!
Christine
Unread 09-19-2007, 06:42 AM

This is "waiting is the worst part," but I don't blame you for your frustration. <HUG>

Go ahead and make a few phone calls to get information. Be prepared to sign releases allowing the docs to request your records from your present doc. Getting second opinions can't hurt. It may be someone can get you in faster. If nothing else, asking questions and getting more information cannot be a bad thing.

On the flip side, your present doc is popular. The healthcare provider will not want to lose such a lucrative partner, so they'll expedite the renegotiation. Make that call this week and keep nagging. It's your body, doggone it.

Lena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2007, 07:05 AM

Start with taking a deep breath and try to relax. Hopefully when you call back, the co-ordinator will have some info for you.
I like the idea of researching and knowing what your other options are. That way you'll be better prepared to go in a different direction if necessary. But, if you feel good about the first dr, maybe you should ask him advice on how to get the best relief during your wait?
And, try not to let your boss pressure you about getting back to work at a certain time. It sounds like you can't really control that. Your health should be the main issue.

Best wishes, I'll be praying that all goes well for you. Please keep us updated.

s ;hug:S
Unread 09-19-2007, 12:30 PM

Girlfriend, I so know what you are talking about, The orginal surgeon that was going to do my surgery (keep in mind, I saw her in May 2007) kept putting me off, (i.e. scheduling conflicts, insurance approvals, just a bunch of excuses) Then to make matters worse, they lost my medical chart with eighteen years of medical records in it... they still haven't found it. So I decieded enough was enough and I scheduled a 2nd. surgical opinion with my insurance, they sent me to a wonderful doc in July, I loved him instantly, his office was ran so much better, so I decieded that I wanted him to do the surgery, He was scheduling into the end of October, but they put me on a cancellation list since he felt it was critical that I get it done a.s.a.p., and I was called about two weeks ago and told that I was all scheduled for 09-24-04.... So please for you own sake, scheule a 2nd opinion and just see if they can get you in earlier, plus you will have peace of mind knowing the the diagnosis is correct and you will feel so much better about going into surgery. I will pray that you get scheduled for your surgery soon, I too was worried about having to reach another ins. deductable after the first of the year, just look at it this way, at least we are blessed enough to have insurance, unlike some of our "sisters" who are at the mercy of the welfare system.... they are the ones who truly suffer from inadaquate heath care. Blessing to you and good luck..
Unread 09-21-2007, 12:25 AM
update...urrggghhhh

OK, so I called my insurance and will be getting the list of in-network providers in the mail in the next couple of days.
Later this afternoon I called my Dr's scheduling co-ordinator to follow up and she FINALLY had news for me...my Dr is taking an extended leave of absence!!!! What?!?! Once he has done all the surgeries he has scheduled, he will be out until after the first of the year.
The scheduling coordinator has a list of Dr's to refer everyone to, but she doesn't think anyone on the list would be willing to work with a PS for the TT at the same time. bummer! And only ONE Dr on the list can do the bladder repair and hyst at the same time...we really do need more Dr's here in New Mexico!
i think when I get the list of in-network providers in the mail, i will have to spend a day calling everyone of them and asking:
first; are they taking new patients? second; can they perform a hyst AND bladder repair? third; do they have surgery dates available before December? and last; would they be willing to work with a PS for a TT at the same time?
HOPEFULLY I can get these questions answered over the phone instead of having to schedule an appt (for WHO knows when) to come in and ask. I work all night (11pm to 7am) and stay at home with my toddler during the day, so I would need to find a babysitter for him and then get up enough energy to even drag my tired self to the appt.
Unread 09-21-2007, 02:28 AM

do you have any women's health centers in your area that could help guide you or give you a referral? So sad to hear about your scheduling trouble. I believe everything happens for a reason - maybe there is a reason this doc won't be doing your surgery!!

Keep your chin up and keep digging, you'll get there! In the meantime, we're all here for you!

Unread 09-21-2007, 06:03 AM

Wow! I'm floored by your present doctor. Going on an extended leave of absence without so much as an apology? There's something else going on, there.

I hope you find a wonderful doc who can help you with all you want and need done. Please keep us updated, Rose.

Lena

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register