Pre-pre-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Pre-pre-op

My surgery is scheduled for April 10th and my pre-op is the day before, but I have alot of unanswered questions for my Dr. The day she told me I had to have my surgery I was so dumbfounded that I could not think of any questions to ask and to be honest I didn't really know alot about anything I was going to go through. I have since read alot on this site and "Worried Woman's Guide To a Happy Hysterectomy". Now I have a whole sheet of questions. I have a pre pre-op appt. tomorrow so l can get alot of this stuff off my mind. I am sure after I get my questions answered I will feel better. My biggest concern is my Dr. wants to remove my ovaries because she says that in a few years they will not be working any way. After all of my reading I have found that if they are healthy leave them in.

Thanks for all of the information I have received on this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Pre-pre-op

You have a lot on your plate right now. When you have your visit with the doctor, be sure to get her to explain fully her reasons for wanting to remove your ovaries. Perhaps there is some small, yet important details she never mentioned to you.

I hope all goes well and that you get all the answers you are looking for.

And you know where to find us for on-going support.

's
Unread 04-05-2006, 03:42 AM
Pre-pre-op

Your off to a good start, your writing down all your questions. Be sure all of them are answered, so that you understand fully. I'm sure your dr has a good reason for wanting to remove your overies. Talk to him/her so that you understand. In the end it is your choice and for you to make the right choice you need all the information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2006, 06:24 AM
Pre-pre-op

Since you have so many questions, you may even want to take a small voice recorder so you can play back the conversation. Doc's don't mind, and that way you don't have to worry about getting the answers written down correctly or remembering what she said.

S,
Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register