Hi Again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Hi Again

Well I had my appt yesterday and am scheduled for surgery on May 3. I was very lucky that there was another doctor at the hospital who is away and my Doctor got to take his surgery block. So I am his only pt that day. Which means I wont have to wait all day for the surgery. This will be laproscopic, he will take the uterus and the cervix and leave my one remaining overy( i have no tubes anyway). I am a little nervous but after I made the decision a huge weight was lifted. I feel confident in it and in him. As with any hysterectomy maybe might wake up to surprises, ,such as abdominal incision or no ovary, but I am ok with it no matter what. (at least that is how i feel at this minute lol). I was told I would only have to miss 2 weeks of work if all goes well, is this typical for all of you who have had this procedure? I will play it by ear. I do alot of lifting and my residents depend on me to be at my best to help them. Thanks for listening all and have a great day
collleen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 07:18 AM
Hi Again

Well it sounds like your attitude is good...so just get your house ready and pick up all the things you need, and you'll be good to go! Good luck on the 3rd!

I had an abdominal so I'm not familiar with the type of recovery you will have, but I would definitely check with your doctor about returning to a physically demanding job just 2 weeks out. You don't want to overdo it. Maybe you have flexibility, or you can do less challenging tasks while you are still healing?
Unread 04-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Well it sounds like your attitude is good...so just get your house ready and pick up all the things you need, and you'll be good to go! Good luck on the 3rd!

I had an abdominal so I'm not familiar with the type of recovery you will have, but I would definitely check with your doctor about returning to a physically demanding job just 2 weeks out. You don't want to overdo it. Maybe you have flexibility, or you can do less challenging tasks while you are still healing?
Thanks so much! I am already on the way to getting all the house stuff ready. My husband is great and is ready to help with everything. The kids have been told and being that they are older I am sure they will be a huge help. As for work, I already spoke to my boss and told her that I will be taking my time and when I feel totally ready I will be back. I dont want anymore trouble with adhesions since that has been a huge part of my poblem from the get go. Thanks for oyur response. This site is really great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Hi Again

Hi Chyobabs

You may want to look at our Checkpoints page. You can reach it by the little purple tab up at the top left side of this page.

Even though you will not be having the large abdominal incision, you will still be having major organs removed. Your body will have a very big adjustment to make. There will be hundreds of stitches inside and your ligaments that were holding your uterus in place will have been severed and reattached. 6 weeks is the typical recovery time before being released for "normal" activity. Will you be able to take more than 2 weeks off if needed?

s and Best Wishes,
Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register