Adenomyosis - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Adenomyosis

I just had a second opinion and this doctor thinks that adeno is more likely the cause of my pain rather than endo, based on an internal exam. I first started looking for help due to the back pain and groin pain like you mention. They are the worst of my symptoms, along with severe menstrual pain. So I think you are on to something, based on all these similar responses! I will find out after my hysterectomy next month, and hope that it can be taken care of in one swoop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Has anyone else been told to go to the ER if they need a new prescription?

I called for a renewal on my percocet prescription today. To make a long story short I was told they are not comfortable with my usage of 30 pills per week and will not renew the Rx. She instructed me to go to the ER if I needed medication after I run out of pills.
She said I would benefit from the surgical date being moved up but can't look into it until next week. They were were worried about complications of continued use of 4 pills per day. I asked what kinds of complications and she said "like constipation"
This was after a lengthy discussion of how and when I take the pills and my telling them I try to limit the use increase the time between and never have full relief of pain.
Unread 12-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Adenomyosis

I have no idea why my thread was put here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Adenomyosis

I too have adenomyosis and it is a severe case too. I had myomectomy to remove fibroids in 2007 and when the doctor open me up, it was a mess inside. He tried to take out most of the adenomyosis but this is a condition that can't be cured completely. Here I am a year after the surgery, I'm still in pain (horrible menstrual pain along with back pain) and I take the same amount of pain killers before surgery. Although the bleeding has improved but the pain is still there.
Unread 12-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Adenomyosis

It's my understanding, lou914, that you can't "remove" adenomyosis unless you remove the uterus. If you are still having a period, I take it you didn't have a hysterectomy? Do you mean endometreosis? Adenomyosis is where the menstrual lining grows into the muscle wall of the uterus, thus it can't be taken out without taking out the uterus itself.
Unread 12-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi Laura, I have adenomyosis but my doctor didn't perform a hysterectomy because of my age (32). He took all fibroids out and most of the adenomyosis, maybe that's why I'm still having pain. The thought of hysterectomy has come to my mind many times but I keep telling myself I'm still too young to have my uterus taken out. Bleeding has improved since surgery but this month was bad, I'm scared to go through another surgery again.
Unread 12-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi
Laura adenomyosis is sometimes focal and can be removed similar to a myomectomy with mixed results.
What about ablation - that sometimes helps
my doctor told me birth control - didn't work or Lupron that I refused
good luck
Unread 12-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi ladies,
I also had adenomyosis. Very, very painful periods and menstrual cramps and lots and lots of clotting. I had the hyst. last year and I think it's the best thing I've ever done. I also thought I was not ready for a hyst. since I was 37 and wanted more children( I have a 13 year old son). My dr. and 2 nd. opinion dr. told me that would be impossible to get pregnant again because they would not be able to get all the adenomyosis out. He told me it would relieve some of the pain but would most likely grow back. To me and this is my own personal opinion ( in my own body) I did not think going thru painful periods and cramps without being able to get pregnant was worth me leaving the uterus. I still have my ovaries. I feel 100% better than ever.
I don't even have back pains any more!
Good luck to all of you. I hope you have a blessed New Year!
Unread 12-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Adenomyosis

I had my hyst due to cervical cancer, but the post surgery pathology came back showing that I also had adenomyosis. In hind sight, I guess I did have some of the symptoms, such as back pain a few days before my period and heavy periods with clotting.
I urge you to consider having a hyst very carefully! I feel that I traded one set of problems for a whole new set. Also, I feel I went into it expecting a wonderful outcome, in part due to all the posts on this website written be people (a few weeks post op) who are "happily skipping down the tampax isle at the store"
Here are a few things to consider....COST - I won't go into all the details, but long story short, I am now $20,000 in debt (and that is with insurance). Further, my monthly expenses are $450 a month more post surgery due to my insurance going up $300 a month and $150 a month in hormones (I found out after I had surgery that my insurance will not cover them) and other medications needed post op.
From a physical standpoint, I feel worse now. My backache is 100 times worse now than before and now I am really stuck - I couldn't afford the first surgery, let alone another.
From a "freedom" standpoint, I don't feel fee at all. I went from not taking any medications to 6 different prescriptions, which I will likely need for life. Sexually, oral sex is a thing of the past due to vaginal suppositories for dryness and chronic yeast infections. I don't have periods any more so we can have sex anytime we want - only problem is, I don't want it anymore.
It is certainly everybody's personal choice, but be aware that while it may fix some of your issues, it may cause other issues you did not expect and can't undo.
Unread 12-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi spicyredhead, I'm sorry the hyst didn't solve your problems. Is your back pain cause by the surgery?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register