Finally some good news! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally some good news! Finally some good news!

Unread 06-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Finally some good news!

I just went through the mail. In one of the statements from my insurance company was a check to reimburse me for out of network expenses associated with the initial consultation with my new doctor. I usually do not go out of net work but this on going situation forced my hand. I'm shocked the check was for more than the doctor charged me. I can not believe it. I'm going to look into it more, maybe it is for more than one date of service and I misread it.
I new I liked this doctor and he did quietly tell me he would try to keep cost down to minimize my financial burden during this ongoing nightmare. I also received a couple of checks for the PT that is also out of network and the reimbursement is also higher than I anticipated. No where near what she is worth (or I paid) but still higher than I expected.
I'm going to take this as a sign things will start to improve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Re: Finally some good news!

YES!!!!!! That is good news!!!
Unread 06-26-2009, 11:36 PM

I'll tale what ever I'll get these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2009, 08:36 AM

Hi Hope,

That is great news!!!! Good for you, something to cheer you up and make you smile atleast... If nothing else it brought a smile to your face and I am sure that sometimes those are hard to come by!!!
Great news!! Congratulations!!!
Unread 06-27-2009, 08:50 AM

Congratulations! There are a few good doctors out there that really care about the financial end of things. A few years ago, I had to have a cyst removed from my forehead. The doctor had a section of his office that handled surgery as he is a plastic surgeon. Imagine my surprise when I got the insurance information and found that the doctor was IN network and his surgery suite (in his office) was OUT of network. Because of that I was charged BOTH deductables. I called the doctor's office prepared to argue to get them to remove just one of the deductables. Imagine my surprise when she told me that they would remove BOTH deductables ($900) I was in shock. I forgot all the arguments I had planned to use in my defense. I still don't understand how he was in but his surgery suite was out of network.
Unread 06-27-2009, 10:41 AM

That is because he is a provider and the OR is a facility. They fall under two different criteria for billing regardless of the location. Very confusing and can cause a lot of problems. But it is great they waived those costs for you.
Unread 06-27-2009, 10:49 AM

I understand that the facility and the doctor are basically two different things (categories). But, it seems like the doctor would sign himself AND his facility for the same insurance plans. That part is still confusing to me. Yes, it was good of them to waive both deductables.
Unread 06-27-2009, 11:13 AM

He probably has but he has different billing ID than the facility. It may be his facility but it is treated as an independent entity. Insurance is getting more confusing by the year for both the provider and patient.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register