Im starting to freak out...anyone else 2nd guess? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Im starting to freak out...anyone else 2nd guess? Im starting to freak out...anyone else 2nd guess?

Unread 09-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Re: Im starting to freak out...anyone else 2nd guess?

My beautiful sisters,

Each day i read the newest additions to this thread. I have grown to love and respect you all so much. I feel a kinship with you all through this journey. I am feeling so much better about this upcoming day and I am happy to know I will not be alone on my trip to the castle on the 17th. As I prepare for this change in my life, there will be other women preparing with me. I will pray for you all and look forward to seeing you all on the other side. Just to fill you in, the recent pelvic pain I am getting lately is increasing and its reminding me why I am even considering this procedure. Its the end of the road for this pain and I am sooo looking forward to pain free living (well at least this kind of pain)

Treehugger 1981- and the other 9/17 Princesses....keep in touch with me..k??

Christie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2009, 06:47 PM

I have scheduled a LSH, bladder sling, rectocele repair and perineum repair in just under a month. It just hit me a day ago, the enormity and finality of it all.
I have a 2nd degree prolapse, stress incontinence, bowel problems and extremely painful intercourse. You would think any recovery would be better than that but I am also starting to freak out. My GYN first suggested an ablation, the sling, and repair perineum but my rationale is that I only want to be on the table once and if it's already starting to prolapse, it's not going to get better. I have had a tubal in 06. I had an IUD before that. My bleeding isn't more than 10 days but it is really heavy and the cramps are completely debilitating. I am basically useless for 10 days of every month. Add to that I can't take BC pills, the hormones mess with my moods too much, I have a mood disorder already, I don't need any help being erratic.
I really don't think my family understands that I'm going to be out of commission.
I'm also in the Air Force, and we have physical training standards. I have no idea how long it is going to take me to be able to run again, I can hardly do it now, for fear of peeing my pants. What about being able to wear my uniform with the belt and all? (SIGH)
Y'all are definitely not the only ones freaking out!!!!
Unread 09-02-2009, 06:57 PM

You are not alone!! I'm experiencing the same feelings. I can't sleep and it seems like surgery is the only thing I think about. I'm scheduled for surgery 10/1. Could have gone sooner but couldn't because it is busy time at work. Good Luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2009, 08:17 PM

bombkitty, I know there have been other military ladies on site this year maybe you can do a google search or sign up under the groups. Your recovery needs are a bit unique to the rest of us.
Unread 09-02-2009, 10:36 PM

I'm 26 and I just had my LSH on the 27th, I'm 6 days post-op and I know already that this was the best decision for me. I have always had painful periods, with lots of cramping, I would have to be out of school at least one day a month when I first started my period because the cramping was so bad. After having my third baby, I got an IUD, which caused cysts to grow. I had to have them removed and felt great for a few months and then I grew more. When my doctor told me the IUD was causing the cysts, I decided to have it removed, which led to my hysteroscopy. After the hysteroscopy, I had severe bleeding and cramps. I had to go to the ER a few times because it was so bad. My doctors suggested Lupron, endometrial ablation, BCP's, anything besides a hyster because I am so young. All of those are only supposed to help bleeding anyways, I needed help for the never ending cramps. I just told them that I wanted it done because I was afraid of going through all of that just to have a hyster anyways and I wanted it done with already! So, they told me ok and set it up. I'm still waiting on pathology to see if anything was really wrong with my uterus but I know it was a good decision, I'm taking less pain pills and I feel better, even with the exhaustion! Second guessing yourself is just a part of it and hopefully you can find all of the answers you're looking for. Good Luck to you and know we're all here for you, praying for you, a shoulder to lean on, anything we can do for you.
Unread 09-03-2009, 06:48 AM

it may sound cheesy but it is nice to know that other people have been through the same things and are there for support. i cant wait to be pain free and actually enjoy silly things like having my son be able to sit on my lap without wanting to scream.
dont worry TF73 I'll stay in touch, after all we are in this crazy thing together.
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:28 AM

I knew I had fibroids for years and was hoping menopause (5 years or so away) would make things better. I did not have excessive bleeding or cramps or anything else to justify a hysterectomy. Just the fibroid that I was told was attached to my uterus by a stem and resting on my left nerves causing leg numbness.

I cried for two weeks until surgery wondering if it was the right thing to do. My Gyn for 8 years didnt pressure me and suggested alternatives. (UAE). After sending emails to him weeks at a time complaining about the knot I was feeling to the left of my navel that was keeping me up, my Gyno told me to give some thought to having the hysterectomy and would listen at each appointment but never pushed me.

While I am 3 weeks post op and feel fine, I still reflect on my pics of the 22 week enlarged uterus to remind me I made the right decision. Since the surgery I have felt that my surgery was more like preventive for some major health issues I would have later in life. I did not want to risk my health any longer hoping menopause would shrink my uterus.

I am praying for each of you name by name.
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:21 AM

Christie - our stories are similar. I've had horrible cramping, heavy bleeding, long irregular periods, pain during intercourse, HUGE ovarian cysts and tumors (I'm embarassed to say how big one was - big enough that it weighed more than my 8 year old daughter does), and an ectopic pregnancy. I finally decided enough was enough. After three years in a row of endometrial biopsies, worsening pain, heavier bleeding, and more fear of another ovarian tumor that would go from borderline to full blown cancer, I asked my doctor to just do the hysterectomy for heaven's sake. It was a very difficult decision because I wasn't sure I was done having kids, but with my gyno issues natural conception was impossible (both tubes had been removed, along with 1 1/2 ovaries) and we had two failed IVF attempts. Really, enough was enough. I had to do it to save my sanity. And although I do mourn the loss of the possibility of more children, part of me jumps for joy that I no longer have to wonder if it's possible to try again. It's over and done with, and I can start healing and moving forward.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register