Punctured Bladder | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Punctured Bladder Punctured Bladder

Unread 05-29-2001, 11:25 AM
Punctured Bladder

I went to my docter and found out I had a hole in m bladder due to my hysterectomy. I then went to my Urologist and he found a stitch inside my bladder. Well the hole is not closing up and now I have to have major surgery to fix the hole. 5 more days in the hospital and 10 days with a bag strapped to my leg. I was wondering if anyone has had major complications with their bladders. It has been 7 weeks since my surgery and I am not looking forward to more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2001, 11:27 AM
Punctured Bladder

I am so sorry to hear about your bladder problem. I wish you well in your upcoming surgery.

Hopefully, this will be the end of your suffering.

All the best,

Laura
Unread 05-29-2001, 11:49 AM
Punctured Bladder

Hi there, there have been quite a few sisters with this complication post hyst. I can't remember if this is called a cystocele or not, but you might want to try doing a search within the site to find other posts concerning this..........I know that it totally is a drag to have to have more surgery but it will help to read other sister's stories that have been through it.

I'm sure other sisters will be along shortly to help you out, until then I"m sending a big please let us know how you make out!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2001, 06:02 AM
Punctured Bladder

I'm so sorry you're going thru this. I did not have a punctured bladder, but several other ladies are having bladder difficulty - check out their posts and email them if you'd like. Our own sassavee had a severed ureter during surgery and has since had it corrected. Good luck, and glad you found us.
Unread 05-30-2001, 09:14 AM
Punctured Bladder

HI there,
I'm so sorry you have to go thru another major surgery. I posted on this very subject about a month or so ago. Im going for surgery on June 5th to repair a hole in my ureter, also do to the hyst. We originally thought it was in my bladder, but it turns out it wasn't. I will be thinking of you and I know what a pain this is. I am almost 4 months post now. I Just wanted you to know your not alone. I hope everything works out for you. Just think of it as another 6 weeks of being pampered. At least Im trying to look at it that way. I'm sending cyber hugs and a prayer your way. Please feel free to email me anytime.
PS. I believe this is called a vesicovaginal fistula. Mine is called an ureterovaginal fistula.

Unread 06-08-2001, 01:23 PM
surgery date is scheduled

I just wanted everyone to know that my surgery is scheduled for June 14. My birthday
lol. Of all the days. Either that or I will have to wait for July. I don't want to wait anymore.
It was a vesiocalvaginal fissure. Not sure how to spell it. So my Uro. is going to do it
abdomnially and vertical. So he can hopefully fix it the first time.
Thanks for all your comments.
I will let you know how things go when I get home. I will be in for 4-5 days.
Thanks,
Shari
Unread 06-08-2001, 05:01 PM
Punctured Bladder

Hi Tsjh,

Just wanted to say I'm sorry for what you are having to go thru. I'm sending you a big I know because the same thing happened to me. I have been wearing a Nephrostomy bag since April. My hyst was 02/28. I don't want to scare you (all women are different) but I have not had a good experience with this at all. My surgery to correct this problem is scheduled for 6/18. I was first told that it was a Vesicovaginal Fistula and now they say it is a obstructed ureter(right side). . My UR Doc will have to reroute my right ureter to my bladder and reattach. I have been feeling find as far as the medical problems that led to Hyst. I just did not expect this to happen. I will have to stay in the castle for 5 days and come home with a catheter for 7 days. I am counting down the days and I know that the Lord with take care of me. And he will take care of you to. You may want to read my first post Singing the Blues. Good Luck to You I will be praying for youl

Please excuse my Smilies if they don't appear correct. This is the first time I am using them.
Unread 06-08-2001, 06:37 PM
What are your symptoms?

I am wondering what symptoms that you have been having to need this type of surgery done. I am 5 weeks post-op from a TAH/BSO and have had problems peeing every since. They check for UTI but that isn't how it feels. It hurts to go and takes forever to get started and several attempts to completely empty. My DD sys so far that it is probably just healing from the trauma of surgery but it does worry me some. Any one else feel this way too?
Unread 06-12-2001, 01:34 PM
post bladder surgery problems

Yes, I can relate! I had TAH with bladder sling 3/20/01. STILL catheterizing. Seeing new urologist now. Set up for urodynamic studies July 13. My bladder was "nicked" in surgery. Don't really know the extent of it. Had slight urinary incontinence pre-op, which urologist said would "get a lot worse" after the hysterectomy. With reservations, I signed up.

My residuals run anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4's. I'll go back to my urinary incontinence anytime now, happily, as long as I didn't have to use this *)#*(@)#* catheter!
Unread 06-12-2001, 01:53 PM
Punctured Bladder

shari, just wanted to wish you luck on the 14th, we will all be hoping that this does the trick for you and will be looking forward to hearing from you, when you feel up to it, after returning from the castle.....in the meantime, you may all join the rest of us "bladder buddies" on the road here in our chant:

we hate pee, we hate pee!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register