40% chance of a TAH?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

40% chance of a TAH?? 40% chance of a TAH??

Unread 08-17-2007, 04:16 PM
40% chance of a TAH??

Ok.. So I had my pre op appointment today. We did all the usual stuff. She asked me a million questions , took my blood, gave me my lovely pink arm band and then...

Then she is giving me the rundown of the sugery and she says " According to Dr.____ notes. There is a 40% Chance we will need to do a TAH/BSO and not the LAVH/LSO"

40%! It seems that my unterus is potentially too large to remove vangianlly. So, I asked the next quesiton. "Why cant they just cut it in half and take it out in two pieces?" I dont think she realized it was a serious question. She just laughed and moved on in the process. So.. I am wondering now.. Why not ?

I started out the day really nervous. The car ride was hell. I now realize why he has had me on bed rest for nearly a month. After my pre op, I am much more calm. I am really bothered by the 40%. Its not that I mind a large incision. I just like to know what to expect.

The brightest part.. NO Bowel Prep!

Anyway.. I am officially beat. I am going back to bed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 04:33 PM
40% chance of a TAH??

Good luck. If they have to cut you I don't think it will be a huge cut, but you will be ok. Take care,

Kat
Unread 08-17-2007, 04:59 PM
40% chance of a TAH??

were you offered an lsh? the uterus is cut up into strips and ground by a morcellator through your belly button. if you are trying to avoid a big abdominal cut, that might be an option. i'm not really sure if you'd qualify but it doesnt hurt to ask.
good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 01:21 AM
40% chance of a TAH??

LSH ? No.. that wasnt on the list of options. We have had a bear of a time with our insurance company over all of this. I am pretty sure we would never get that improved in time now. Since surgery is Tues.

I dont really mind how he does it. I trust him to do what needs to be done in the best possible way for me. He really is a wonderful doc. I just didnt realize that there was that much of a chance of the TAH/BSO and the bulk of how I am dealing with all of this is via preparation and information. So this kind of thew me for a loop.

Ok back to bed with me
Unread 08-18-2007, 06:36 AM
40% chance of a TAH??

I hope that all goes well for you and that you can have the least invasive surgery possible. At least you've been told the possibilities and are prepared.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register